New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hello Carens Owners,
    It would be interesting to see your current odometer reading so we can gauge the car reliability. Please post here.

CRDIvgt - 20 tkm, no problem so far

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mine is just at a meager 2,700kms (roughly)... Hehehe... I don't think I'm the person to ask about reliability just yet...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    6000kms++ and so far so good, no problem so far.....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mine is 812 kms only.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've logged 9,900 kms. in eight months. There's only one problem - the fuel. The price is steadily increasing every week.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3635[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I've logged 9,900 kms. in eight months. There's only one problem - the fuel. The price is steadily increasing every week.

:coffee: [SIZE=1]3635[/SIZE]
    Eto pa nga eh, diesel price will increase by P2 while Gasoline will stay. Due to higher demand daw. Dami yata bumili ng Carens Crdi eh

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And they might have wished they bought the gas Carens instead which I have been saying is the more econmical choice in the current world. As I always say sayo na yung torque akin na yung pera all P205,000 worth of it

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CRDIvgt View Post
    Eto pa nga eh, diesel price will increase by P2 while Gasoline will stay. Due to higher demand daw. Dami yata bumili ng Carens Crdi eh

I was really saddened by this bit of news when I heard it on TV... Sooner or later, diesel will cost more than gasoline... which ends up defeating the purpose why most diesel vehicle owners had bought a diesel car in the first place...

I guess with this kind of news, the gas-fed Carens will pick up in sales...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    I was really saddened by this bit of news when I heard it on TV... Sooner or later, diesel will cost more than gasoline... which ends up defeating the purpose why most diesel vehicle owners had bought a diesel car in the first place...

I guess with this kind of news, the gas-fed Carens will pick up in sales...
    Actually, if you consider it... fuel consumption per horsepower, the diesel version is still more economical. Depending on tuning, CRDis are still often more economical than gasoline engines of the same power... it won't get bad for diesels yet (and note, the sales of diesel vehicles are increasing while gasoline powered cars are losing ground in sales)... not until diesel is finally much more expensive than gas.

But then... 200k savings on the gas model? 40k LPG conversion...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I agree diesel is still more economical. And with high torque you can somewhat "overload" the engine with a manual tranny. I observe we can save up to 30% on fuel if we change our driving style and maximize the torque available as oppose to gas engine.

Well, initial saving is good. But when fuel prices reach like P80-100/l, the more economical engines will still gain in the long run. Also, the resale price of gas cars will surely dive down... Like for today, so many people are selling their gas cars and I think the trend will continue as the gas price increases.

Nobody really wins with gas price increase.... that's the reality. But still, I'm putting my bet on diesels with high potentials of improvements in both engine and the fuel itself like bio fuels, coconut oils or even used cooking oils joke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Carens Odometer Reading