New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I checked the manual and it seems pwede as long as hindi methanol ang additive but I want to confirm this with my fellow Tsikoteers.

May gains nga ba if I switch to E10 performance wise? Does it leave my engine cleaner? I am currently using Velocity.

By the way, the manual warns on using "leaded" fuels. So if gas Sportage din kayo, stay away from "leaded" fuels.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    There's a thread about Shell E10. Very informative and helpful bro. FC might be affected. So if u decide to use E10, better observe carefully which fuel suits/works better for you.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Am using Shell E10 on my Sportage. Consumption is around 7km/L city driving, same as when I'm using Shell Unleaded.

Haven't tried V-Power though. Mahal e!!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    By the way, the manual warns on using "leaded" fuels. So if gas Sportage din kayo, stay away from "leaded" fuels.
    I'm not sure if we still have "leaded" fuels around on some gas stations but I believe this had already been prohibited, correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW what model is your Sportage?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hi taurus, I have the gas 2.0 (hence the curiosity re. e10 hehe)

Hi rst619, good point. I'll do the search.

Hi warp, great to hear someone using E10. Does the torque / hatak feel the same as unleaded?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Hi warp, great to hear someone using E10. Does the torque / hatak feel the same as unleaded?
    I think, it's almost the same. My colleague who was using unleaded before for his Sportage has now switched to E10 and he said that the "hatak" and FC is the same too.

I drove the car to Mindoro and Clark-Subic twice (via Angeles-Porac-Dinalupihan Rd. and via SCTEX) with E10 and it was ok. When I go to La Union/Ilocos/Baguio, I'll take note if there's an increase in torque when using unleaded since most probably the gas stations there don't have E10.

BTW, I also asked Kia Cubao if I can use E10 and they said that Sportage can use E10.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I will be trying the E10 fuel for about a month, I'll post my findings after my experiment :-)

Para we can have data on how Velocity compares with E10. I will be noting the FC and if there are changes in the engine's performance.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just to update...

***this is completely based on observation alone, I have no scientific or very objective measuring method***

I have been using Shell's E10 for quite a while now. I have loaded my Sportage with 5 full tanks of the so called green fuel and here are my observations:

# During cold weather starts, I would often find my gas-fed-Sportage produce white smoke (no fuel smell). Then after 5 minutes, it's gone. Is it related to E10? I couldn't say for sure.
    # Power feels the same, I am still able to drive the car up to 140KPH with no problems.
    # Torque seems to be same too. Acceleration does not feel like it suffered.
    # and I feel better knowing I save a couple of pesos compared to the other guy that loads up with regular unleaded.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just to update...

***this is completely based on observation alone, I have no scientific or very objective measuring method***

I have been using Shell's E10 for quite a while now. I have loaded my Sportage with 5 full tanks of the so called green fuel and here are my observations:

# During cold weather starts, I would often find my gas-fed-Sportage produce white smoke (no fuel smell). Then after 5 minutes, it's gone. Is it related to E10? I couldn't say for sure.
    # Power feels the same, I am still able to drive the car up to 140KPH with no problems.
    # Torque seems to be same too. Acceleration does not feel like it suffered.
    # and I feel better knowing I save a couple of pesos compared to the other guy that loads up with regular unleaded.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have temporarily stopped using E10. I'm back to using Shell's unleaded, I'm on my second unleaded fuel full tank now. Why? It is not because E10 is no good but rather E10 is so rare! Whenever I would stop by gas stations, they would always tell me that there is no delivery yet or that they've ran out of E10. Darn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast