New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    After my brief dilemma in choosing between a 4x4 Montero Sport and a 4x4 Fortuner recently(Fortuner won btw), I have another one to hurdle: Which KIA dealership in MM could offer me the best in terms of overall value in price, freebies and service?

It's time to let go of my reliable innova after serving us 60,000 kms and 5 years of problem-free driving. I have eliminated the Previa in my list because of it's price (ang mahal), and the Grand starex because of its bus-like size (sayang, it's nice pa naman)

This is what I got so far:
    1.LX LWB A/T 1,595,000
    2.EX LWB A/T 1,695,000
    Free: 3yr LTO, 1yr comprehensive insurance, matting, 3M tint and EWD

The people at the dealership were very nice (from the guards to the SAs). They offered me to test drive the LX LWB with no questions asked. Usually, SAs would ask you to present your driver's license and sign a form but not in this dealership. We were out in the streets driving it in no time.

The driver demonstrated to me it's engine power (check!), acceleration (check!), braking (check!), some shake and bake moves running at 60-80kph (check!- quite stable), turning radius (check!), rattles and noises when driven on rough surfaces, pot holes, and covered but protruding man-holes (check!- noise and rattles were acceptable. The demo unit has 12k kms registered on it's odo), A/C (check!-super cool) and last but not the least, the sound system (check! - it wasn't bad at all).

The SA gave me a quick tour of the LX's interior: leg room, cargo space, ceiling height... could actually seat four regular sized warm bodies in the 2nd row.

Wow! Excellent knowledge of the product. Showed me the slight differences between the LX and the EX. I thought, for a P100k difference, I think it's ok.

Now, going back to my dilemma, because of Kia's one price policy, I might get stuck with one dealer. I'm not saying it's bad but it obviously puts a limit to my decision-making process.

Napunta na lang sa better technical service, better customer service, better location... nawala na yung best price offered.

I would appreciate your recommendations and suggestions my dear readers. I am ready to buy one anytime now...

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    double post- im sorry, i dunno what happened. please delete mr admin. thank you.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by softop View Post
    After my brief dilemma in choosing between a 4x4 Montero Sport and a 4x4 Fortuner recently(Fortuner won btw), I have another one to hurdle: Which KIA dealership in MM could offer me the best in terms of overall value in price, freebies and service?

It's time to let go of my reliable innova after serving us 60,000 kms and 5 years of problem-free driving. I have eliminated the Previa in my list because of it's price (ang mahal), and the Grand starex because of its bus-like size (sayang, it's nice pa naman)

This is what I got so far:
    1.LX LWB A/T 1,595,000
    2.EX LWB A/T 1,695,000
    Free: 3yr LTO, 1yr comprehensive insurance, matting, 3M tint and EWD

The people at the dealership were very nice (from the guards to the SAs). They offered me to test drive the LX LWB with no questions asked. Usually, SAs would ask you to present your driver's license and sign a form but not in this dealership. We were out in the streets driving it in no time.

The driver demonstrated to me it's engine power (check!), acceleration (check!), braking (check!), some shake and bake moves running at 60-80kph (check!- quite stable), turning radius (check!), rattles and noises when driven on rough surfaces, pot holes, and covered but protruding man-holes (check!- noise and rattles were acceptable. The demo unit has 12k kms registered on it's odo), A/C (check!-super cool) and last but not the least, the sound system (check! - it wasn't bad at all).

The SA gave me a quick tour of the LX's interior: leg room, cargo space, ceiling height... could actually seat four regular sized warm bodies in the 2nd row.

Wow! Excellent knowledge of the product. Showed me the slight differences between the LX and the EX. I thought, for a P100k difference, I think it's ok.

Now, going back to my dilemma, because of Kia's one price policy, I might get stuck with one dealer. I'm not saying it's bad but it obviously puts a limit to my decision-making process.

Napunta na lang sa better technical service, better customer service, better location... nawala na yung best price offered.

I would appreciate your recommendations and suggestions my dear readers. I am ready to buy one anytime now...

Thank you.
    yep. Because columbian's one price policy, you're limited in choosing the best dealer. However, if you're trading your innova to them (which I think will offer the best deal), you can choose which dealer can offer the better value..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I must say that KIA Alabang is on top of my list. Grabe ang service nung SA. A1! Not only did she allow me to test-drive the carnival on the spot, she brought it pa to my house a couple of days later so that I could test-drive it in Tagaytay. They delivered the same unit (LX) to my house at around 5pm and picked it up at around the same time the following day... Wala na ako masabi! Haneps!

I felt like a motoring media personality that day. They wanted me to evaluate the carnival's performance and see for myself if its P1.695M tag price is worth it. It was amazing.. heaven talaga ang ride ng carnival. Engine was perfect in Tagaytay Highlands. Coming up from The Country Club and The Midlands is not a problem at all. Sisiw! Easy -easy lang. FC I guess is reasonable.

Ok, I'm ready to place my order. I'm getting the LWB EX - TOP of the line boys!

Anak ng...

Wala daw stock??! The earliest they could give it to me is 2nd week of August. 3rd pa ako on the waiting list for the silver color.

Yun na lang ang reklamo ko if ever... the agony of waiting. I think the price is justifiable lalo na if you have a decent car to trade-in with them.

BTW, I also met this guy from Ortigas. Bnew price for an EX LWB is 1.630M.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ganun ata talaga mga kia dealers ngayon.. sobrang ang PR la lo na sa test drive.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    yeah its true maganda ang PR ng mga KIA DEALERS, binibigyan nla ng halaga bawat client, they want to assure and prove na everything is ok from the sales person, management, product, best deal and also after market service...Kaya if isa ka sa client ng KIA your LUCKY tlga!!!

PLS DONT HESITATE TO BUY KIA! Guys iba na ang technology ngayon ng Kia, actly mas advance pa nga ang kia kesa sa ibang brand jan...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    true din po na 1 price policy tlaga ang KIA.. kya khit san ka po inquire same lng ang price. magkakatalo lng tlga sa trade in value ng car if u have car na gusto itrade in..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi softop,
    what color ang gusto mo for carnival eX lwb?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Kung sa pag-asikaso lang nang customer.. ibang-iba talaga ang KIA.. superB! Akala ko sa KIA Taytay (nasa Antipolo na ngayon) lang ang ganun.. ganun din pala sa iba... actually hatid-sundo pa ang family ko non sa bahay nung may nilalakad na papeles... btw.. Carnival ang pinansundo..
    Actually I settled for a Carens coz I was very impressed by the power of the CRDi (VGT) engine... which is German Technology.

*Softop.. konting tiis lang po sa "mahabang paghihintay", masusulit po iyan kapag andyan na beloved Carnival nyo.. good luck po..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by msJ View Post
    true din po na 1 price policy tlaga ang KIA.. kya khit san ka po inquire same lng ang price. magkakatalo lng tlga sa trade in value ng car if u have car na gusto itrade in..
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER:

Do not post in SMS/TXT format when posting messages.

[/SIZE]

Buying an '09 Carnival: Which is the best KIA dealer in MM?