New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamconfused View Post
    that's what i thought also. but when i got the chance to get behind the wheel and drove it around tiendesitas i didnt get the feeling that the engines not robust enough. but again, i dont know if driving it around like i drive the vios and not notice the difference (except of course that i can hook my ipod up without getting the modulator things) is enough to seal the deal.
    For its size and weight plus driver and a pasenger, it can sure handle it well, lalo na bago pa ang engine. Just don't know after a few year and with full load inside. If your option is limited only to picanto and vios only, i vote for the picanto.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok naman ang kia..if you noticed in Baguio, most of the taxi there are kia pride for about 10 years now..imagine a small engine who can go up and the hills of baguio for years na?hehehehe....di nalang sila nare-renew ngayun kasi sa year ng model nila, di na sila pasok sa requirements ng LTFRB sa pag ta-taxi kaya yung iba sa kanila retired na.. isa pa, new technology na mga kia ngayun, kaya pagdating sa durability, tingin ko makakasabay na din sila sa toyota ngayun depende nalang sa paggamit nung magiging may ari..

Go for what you really want..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Diba kapresyo nung Picanto eh yung Vios J ?

Since you're considering the Vios E A/T, ibig sabihin kaya mo i-stretch budget mo ? Try looking at the Honda City, Mazda 2 & Ford Fiesta also.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ok na rin yan, My aunt had a first generation Picanto 1.1 A/T (parang 2008 or 2009 niya binili yun) can't still remember, as of now maganda pa rin, alagang-alaga din kasi sa maintenance saka another thing I like in Picanto is it is also a fast car and low maintenance cost. Kahit maliit e, napakatulin din manakbo. The only flaws I noticed was the FC was just like the 1.3 Vios, automatic kasi yung picanto ng aunt ko e, ewan ko lang pero sabi nila mas fuel efficient daw yung manual na picanto.

about the latest Kia Picanto (a.k.a Kia morning) e I like it's design, Ang angas ng design ng kia ngayon, saka mas matambok at mas malaki ng konti yung body ngayon, kesa sa previous generation ng picanto saka let's see na rin, kung anong update ang ginawa nila sa engine nito.

P.S vote ako for a Kia picanto kung single ka (yung pang personal car lang ba' yung ikaw lang ang nagamit') or let's say in relationship w/ someone, pero kung pang family car...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mazda 2 and ford fiesta are nice looking cars but not appealing to me so much

its just me and my partner who's going to use it mostly, office work on weekdays and occasional tagaytay batangas baguio weekends. that was the case for the vios i used back then and it served up pretty well i just really didnt like the funky sound it made in the morning na parang fanbelt na hindi naman. the picanto is winning as of late especially the sales people being more helpful and assisting on the kia side of the fence and with the reviews im getting na it can step up to the plate when put alongside a toyota vios. i would have to think twenty times more i guess before setting my mind to one final choice. i want to be very sold on what to buy cause when i write the check there's no turning back. lol

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    oh and before i forget thank you to all the members who are helping me make my decision. all of the people here are very friendly. i appreciate it a lot

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    IF the Picanto is bigger than the Spark, then it's a slightly good buy.

Kaya naman niya siguro umakyat ng Baguio. Medyo mahirapan lang siguro kasi 1.0L lang siya compared sa 1.3L Vios .... A/T pa.

Pero IMO, if you're going out of town a lot, Vios nalang ako. Iba pa rin may trunk to boot some stuff in. Kung di naman mashado ( mga 2x/6months ) ok na yung kia.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wahzai_swy View Post
    Mas ok na quality ng Kia ngayon, lalo na sa bago sportage/sorento, kasi share technology ng hyundai, in demand worldwide. kaso eto 1.0 3 cylinder engine parang hindi pa tested/proven.
    di ba pwede maextra forte,soul,cadenza at optima jan bro......nyahahaha...jk.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by iamconfused View Post
    oh and before i forget thank you to all the members who are helping me make my decision. all of the people here are very friendly. i appreciate it a lot
    just follow your heart...nung binili ko yung KIA Forte ko, ang daming nagtanong....iba ibang lahi...why KIA???

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    light traveler naman ako so trunk space is not much of an issue to me.

this may sound dumb but am i abusing the picanto if i take it to baguio say two weekends in a row then i leave it at park and fly for bora the next? ganun kasi ang more or less magiging typical use niya. now vios is starting to pick up speed again haha

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
BNEW kia picanto AT lemongrass * 599k a good buy?