New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It depends, maybe the 1.4 is just as fuel efficient as the 1.2. If that's the case, I'd take the faster engine if only to have a car that won't run breathless on the occasional highway run. There aren't many 1.2 users to compare yet, maybe you guys over at Kotse.com should do a comparo haha.
    Maybe soon... if we can schedule a Rio 1.2L from Kia.PH

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i've seen the hatch and it looks better than the sedan, the same with mzda2. both looks better in hatch. parang yung sedan humaba and lumiit yung pwet, hindi naging proportional

the rio hatch is a real looker! saw a white one just the other day ganda, btw what is the srp of the rio hatch

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    the rio hatch is a real looker! Saw a white one just the other day ganda, btw what is the srp of the rio hatch
    rio 1.4l at hb = p838k
    rio 1.4l at = p718k

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We will eventually drive the 1.2 at PCOTY... but that won't tell us much about economy. We'll try to schedule a drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    We will eventually drive the 1.2 at PCOTY... but that won't tell us much about economy. We'll try to schedule a drive.
    It would tell us how underpowered the 1.2L is versus the 1.4L ...

fuel economy.. well... during the PCOTY it doesn't help that we usually floor the accelerator to the floor. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    With enough noise and demand, Kia might release a HB1.2 model.... you can start with Kia Philippines Facebook account. hehehe

you mean meron tlaga gawa sa Korea na 1.2 hatch. aba eh pag me ganyan baka gusto ko yan. ang kelangan ko lang eh urban rider, palipat-lipat lang naman ako ng condos, with my friends and families, sa fort, sa makati, sa rockwell, sa ortigas. okey yan 1.2Hatch, amporma ko siguro nyan tapos mura lang siguro yan wala pa 650k

ghost, kmusta ba ang 1.4 ng rio, hindi ba biten sa overtakan?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ghost, kmusta ba ang 1.4 ng rio, hindi ba biten sa overtakan?
    Nope, not bitin sa power. It does have enough power to overtake confidently on the highway. I was pleasantly surprised that it will still accelerate quickly beyond 100kph. Other cars like the City 1.3 iDSi slowly accelerates beyond 100kph.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    My kia Rio 2012 HB also still accelerates even at 130kph (pero short lang kasi baka mahuli sa slex). Has enough power to overtake. Very responsive. I love it. Not to mention good looking pa! Sir Ghost, what type of fuel are you using? Sa akin po 93 octane. Should I change to higher octane rating? takot tuloy ako sa engine knock na nabasa ko.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dashgarcia View Post
    My kia Rio 2012 HB also still accelerates even at 130kph (pero short lang kasi baka mahuli sa slex). Has enough power to overtake. Very responsive. I love it. Not to mention good looking pa! Sir Ghost, what type of fuel are you using? Sa akin po 93 octane. Should I change to higher octane rating? takot tuloy ako sa engine knock na nabasa ko.

I pumped in Petron 93 octane when the fuel ran low during my weekend test drive. I didn't encounter knocking at any point of my test drive. I got the car to 150kph on the highway during a short sprint.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    GH, walang MT version for the 1.4L ? I reckon the 1.2L to be severely underpowered kasi, especially on full load.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast