New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Since the facelifted models are relatively new, SA's have no current low dp promos for the Sportage. However the SA in Kia Carmona offered me 200k dp for the GT line. He said that he can still lower it a little more. Still waiting for his update. As much as there are more savings in bank financing, being a relatively new practicing physician (urologist), low dps via in house financing are more attractive to me than the standard 20 and 30%dp offered by my banks. Still on fence between the crv and the Sportage at this point.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    Since the facelifted models are relatively new, SA's have no current low dp promos for the Sportage. However the SA in Kia Carmona offered me 200k dp for the GT line. He said that he can still lower it a little more. Still waiting for his update. As much as there are more savings in bank financing, being a relatively new practicing physician (urologist), low dps via in house financing are more attractive to me than the standard 20 and 30%dp offered by my banks. Still on fence between the crv and the Sportage at this point.
    Good for you Doc!

Had the same offer for the 2018 GT here at our local dealership. I want to compare it with the 2019 GT before deciding as well.

Was also considering the CRV-Diesel 1.6L but after computing all the costs, including maintenance over a decade, which I plan to keep the car for a maximum time, the KIA came out more economical. Plus, it would have been difficult for me to park the CRV inside our garage with 4 other vehicles. Lastly, we don't need the 7 seats.

Let us know what you decide and best of luck in your new practice!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    does this translate to cheaper total purchase price, or did they just spread around the DP?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Would get the Honda if using the vehicle for a decade ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    does this translate to cheaper total purchase price, or did they just spread around the DP?
    Total acquisition cost will be much, much higher for the low DP ... He knows that but he wants a new car ... So he's willing to pay the premium ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Total acquisition cost will be much, much higher for the low DP ... He knows that but he wants a new car ... So he's willing to pay the premium ...
    If you are a bit patient with numbers, anybody can calculate the overall cost of acquisition. I did the same with a purchase before and the difference in cost is acceptable - 16k more on the low DP scheme over 60 months for a car priced at 900k.

Usual scheme (assuming the add-on cost is not free) thru bank

Initial cost: 20% DP + chattel mortgage + 1st year insurance premium + LTO registration
    Recurring cost: (monthly payments x 60)

Low in-house DP scheme

Initial cost: low DP amount
    Recurring cost: (monthly payments x 60)

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Would get the Honda if using the vehicle for a decade ...
    Can you be more specific as to why sir Walter?

Are Honda parts and maintenance less expensive than KIA counterparts?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Can you be more specific as to why sir Walter?

Are Honda parts and maintenance less expensive than KIA counterparts?
    Honda and Toyota vehicles have been proven to be very reliable over long-term use.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Honda and Toyota vehicles have been proven to be very reliable over long-term use.
    I guess we had something of a lemon with the last Honda our family had. 2004 Civic, changed transmission after 5 years, changed radiator after 6 years. Sold it a year later.

My Rav4 on the other hand, only changed suspension parts and alternator in almost 15 years of usage. Apart from the usual fluids, spark plugs, brake pads, etc.

Damn it, if they only brought the 2 liter engine Rav4 back and with a good price point, I would be at Toyota right now, asking for a test drive.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

Damn it, if they only brought the 2 liter engine Rav4 back and with a good price point, I would be at Toyota right now, asking for a test drive.
    Test drive with a Toyota Rav4? Good luck! They will ask you to order one and test drive the unit when it arrives but that is considered sold already.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
2019 Kia Sportage test drive