New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I think the sales people are still new. The GT Line badge, alloy brake & gas Pedal, D cut steering wheel, ice cube led fog lamps, 6 air bags, performance dampers and other tech touches are unique to the GT Line & distinguishes it from the lower variants. Sorry, but the reason I am aware of all these was because during the 3 month or so peroid I was waiting for my unit last year, I spent it watching videos, reading the online manual and apps & going to dealerships checking out the GT line they had on stock. I ended up knowing more about it than my SA then .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think the sales people are still new. The GT Line badge, alloy brake & gas Pedal, D cut steering wheel, ice cube led fog lamps, 6 air bags, performance dampers and other tech touches are unique to the GT Line & distinguishes it from the lower variants. Sorry, but the reason I am aware of all these was because during the 3 month or so peroid I was waiting for my unit last year, I spent it watching videos, reading the online manual and apps & going to dealerships checking out the GT line they had on stock. I ended up knowing more about it than my SA then .

Haha! Why am I not surprised then, you are currently the only online local authority on the Gen. 4 that I know of.

You probably know more about the variants than any of the current SAs they have sir.

Thanks again for your valuable insight and knowledge, it really helps make my decision easier.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Was able to test drive the 2019 GT version yesterday at MIAS 2019. Was impressed by the engine response and ride comfort. Choosing between this and the crv diesel. Have yet to test drive the latter. But at 1.82m srp, I'm leaning more on the base LX model priced at 1.545m. For, you guys is the 275k price difference worth the following features found on the GT?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    Was able to test drive the 2019 GT version yesterday at MIAS 2019. Was impressed by the engine response and ride comfort. Choosing between this and the crv diesel. Have yet to test drive the latter. But at 1.82m srp, I'm leaning more on the base LX model priced at 1.545m. For, you guys is the 275k price difference worth the following features found on the GT?
    Personally, I think It's worth it for the features cited before; performance dampers, better suspension, dual exhaust, 6 airbags, alloy brake & gas Pedal, D-Cut steering wheel, ice cube led fog lamps, 19-inch wheels, push button start, etc.

I actually think it's a better package now without the sunroof, not really applicable for Philippine climate and weather.

It's now P1.79M when the 30K discount is applied.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I agree. There is an LX displayed in Sta. Rosa & you might want to look at to compare. Drive-wise, I don’t see much of a difference between the 2, both having the same 8 speed tranny, but the GT Line carries much much more which are useful in everyday driving.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Since this is a test drive thread, it’s worth mentioning the Sportronic transmission. For one thing, when the transmission is shifted to MANUAL, the transmission is not in true manual mode. The car automatically downshifts when it feels the speed doesn’t match the Revs but will not upshift automatically. Personally, I would want to have more control of the shifting (like I would in a true manual tranny car) & not have the computer taking over most of the time. This is why I wouldn’t use the Sportronic transmission on normal daily drives, only when I want to play (very occasional). This is just me, I’m just not used to it.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    7 year warranty rin kaya ito dito?

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    7 year warranty rin kaya ito dito?
    5 years according to the SA I spoke to.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Since this is a test drive thread, it’s worth mentioning the Sportronic transmission. For one thing, when the transmission is shifted to MANUAL, the transmission is not in true manual mode. The car automatically downshifts when it feels the speed doesn’t match the Revs but will not upshift automatically. Personally, I would want to have more control of the shifting (like I would in a true manual tranny car) & not have the computer taking over most of the time. This is why I wouldn’t use the Sportronic transmission on normal daily drives, only when I want to play (very occasional). This is just me, I’m just not used to it.

I like to downshift even on my conventional auto tranny whenever I need to engage a steep incline or when going down a sharp decline as well so I can use the engine brake. It's safer and the transmission is able to keep up with the RPMs. A Sportronic tranny should be a nice thing to have in certain situations for sure.

Just this past weekend, we went down to Subic and I could see many other vehicles struggling with the inclines up TIPO highway and also braking way too much on the downward portions. Not many drivers today know what it's like to drive a Manual Transmission so the advantages of down-shifting is lost on them.

Sabi nga nila, if you want your car not to get stolen or even borrowed by the younger generation, get a manual tranny car. LoL.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I grew up driving manual & the Sportage is my first automatic, although I’ve driven other automatics before. I’ve used the Sportronic tranny in Normal mode going up Kennon Rd., more for control on the curves than anything else. I tried using it in Sport mode but quickly shifted back to normal since the car is more sensitive in Sport & Kennon is not the right road to experiment on. But even w/o engaging the Sportronic, it’s fully capable.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
2019 Kia Sportage test drive