New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The new Suzuki Jimny will certainly fit in your garage ...
    I agree, it would fit quite easily in fact. Unfortunately, after driving a Rav4 for the last decade or so I found it cramped and the storage limited, having a young child ( 2 strollers, extra padding, pillows,etc.) exposed its weakness for me. Even the new Vitara was small inside by comparison.

Honestly, if the new Ravie they came out with had the same 2.0L engine as the Singapore model, I would prolly be getting my second Ravie in a few months time. Alas, a 2.5L gas burner just doesn't make sense for me on Philippine roads.

Actually, Hyundai is even worse at 3 mos or 5k, whichever comes first.
    I would never choose a Hyundai, I've heard and seen too many horror stories about them, never enough parts at the Casa either. A personal friend experienced it first hand with his diesel Accent.

Kia-Phils has emailed me already and now just waiting for them to schedule my test drive. We'll see how it goes from there.

I've also emailed and requested test drives for the Forester, X-Trail and the Rav4 just for good measure.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I agree, it would fit quite easily in fact. Unfortunately, after driving a Rav4 for the last decade or so I found it cramped and the storage limited, having a young child ( 2 strollers, extra padding, pillows,etc.) exposed its weakness for me. Even the new Vitara was small inside by comparison.

Honestly, if the new Ravie they came out with had the same 2.0L engine as the Singapore model, I would prolly be getting my second Ravie in a few months time. Alas, a 2.5L gas burner just doesn't make sense for me on Philippine roads.

I would never choose a Hyundai, I've heard and seen too many horror stories about them, never enough parts at the Casa either. A personal friend experienced it first hand with his diesel Accent.

Kia-Phils has emailed me already and now just waiting for them to schedule my test drive. We'll see how it goes from there.

I've also emailed and requested test drives for the Forester, X-Trail and the Rav4 just for good measure.
    Kia was no different when they were being handled by CACC. But things are looking up with AC Ind. at the helm. I just hope PMS requirements & it’s details will change to like that of Honda. If you don’t mind me asking, what variant of the Sportage are you interested in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Kia was no different when they were being handled by CACC. But things are looking up with AC Ind. at the helm. I just hope PMS requirements & it’s details will change to like that of Honda. If you don’t mind me asking, what variant of the Sportage are you interested in?

If the test drive goes well and the wifey agrees(she still needs some convincing) might go for the EX TOTL. On paper, at least, it has all the features I'm looking for and then some. I just really hope the same features will be available locally. Ayala acquiring KIA-P is another reason I'm keenly interested. I used to work for an Ayala company and was fortunate enough to benefit from that. Still an ARC member also.

Then I can finally go back to Pagudpud and finish that buko salad I had there, this time with my family in tow. Planning for a week-long road trip visiting all the sights in the north I missed last time I was there.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If the test drive goes well and the wifey agrees(she still needs some convincing) might go for the EX TOTL. On paper, at least, it has all the features I'm looking for and then some. I just really hope the same features will be available locally. Ayala acquiring KIA-P is another reason I'm keenly interested. I used to work for an Ayala company and was fortunate enough to benefit from that. Still an ARC member also.

Then I can finally go back to Pagudpud and finish that buko salad I had there, this time with my family. Planning for a week-long road trip visiting all the sights in the north I missed last time I was there.
    Oh, I’m sure AC Ind. won’t be skimping on the important details especially now that they are resurrecting the brands image. I’m sure you won’t regret. Usually, there are hesitancies when choosing Kia for the first time, considering it’s history in the country but you’d be impressed with the build quality of the latest models. I have a sister who came from Pajero’s, Camry, Fortuner, CX 9 & bought a Sta. Fe (previous version) 3 years ago despite my nephews protests on Korean cars. She didn’t regret it a bit. She uses it for mostly urban drives & doesn’t give her problems.
    Nice choices, though. I hope you can post feedbacks on the cars test drives.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Oh, I’m sure AC Ind. won’t be skimping on the important details especially now that they are resurrecting the brands image. I’m sure you won’t regret. Usually, there are hesitancies when choosing Kia for the first time, considering it’s history in the country but you’d be impressed with the build quality of the latest models. I have a sister who came from Pajero’s, Camry, Fortuner, CX 9 & bought a Sta. Fe (previous version) 3 years ago despite my nephews protests on Korean cars. She didn’t regret it a bit. She uses it for mostly urban drives & doesn’t give her problems.
    Nice choices, though. I hope you can post feedbacks on the cars test drives.
    Mag dilang-anghel po sana kayo sir bloowolf, I'm prone to "Analysis-Paralysis" and in the last 3 months I've been going back and forth over all the brands and models I've shortlisted, almost had it settled when TMP announced the launching of the new Rav4. I'm still trying to get over my disappointment over that so I'm kind of expecting a lot from the Sporty that's why I'm going for the TOTL. Might as well go all-in is my mindset, I really hope and pray I won't be disappointed again.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mag dilang-anghel po sana kayo sir bloowolf, I'm prone to "Analysis-Paralysis" and in the last 3 months .
    kitams mo nangyari, dahil sa over analysing, biglang nagi top priority mo ang Kia just becuase its now an Ayala. Youre considering it coz of Ayala but not really because of what Kia cars are

I think its called anchoring effect. Masaya ka siguro namamasyal sa BGC High street and other Ayala malls so na trick na brain mo into deciding that Kia is as pleasant as Ayala

I think eto naging problema nun mga bigla napabile ng Volks in the past 2 years eh, not thinking that Volks already entered the market prior to Ayala and it failed

mag Expander ka na lang kung love mo talaga gasoline, and the the 500k difference , treat your fsmily with planned staycations sa baguio, subic, tagaytay, quezon, bicol etc. all throughout 2019

500k laki nyan baka lagi pa kayo may free breakfast buffer.

Its not the car, its the memories with the car

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    kitams mo nangyari, dahil sa over analysing, biglang nagi top priority mo ang Kia just becuase its now an Ayala. Youre considering it coz of Ayala but not really because of what Kia cars are

I think its called anchoring effect. Masaya ka siguro namamasyal sa BGC High street and other Ayala malls so na trick na brain mo into deciding that Kia is as pleasant as Ayala

I think eto naging problema nun mga bigla napabile ng Volks in the past 2 years eh, not thinking that Volks already entered the market prior to Ayala and it failed

mag Expander ka na lang kung love mo talaga gasoline, and the the 500k difference , treat your fsmily with planned staycations sa baguio, subic, tagaytay, quezon, bicol etc. all throughout 2019

500k laki nyan baka lagi pa kayo may free breakfast buffer.

Its not the car, its the memories with the car
    Dude, get your terms and facts straight please.

I didn't prioritize one brand over another, how can you make a brand or car maker a priority anyway? That's like saying they're more important to you than eating and drinking. I made a shortlist based on available options and the features/ specs of those available options within the price range I had. The only "priority" I have is my family, our comfort, safety and having a ride that's relatively worry-free.

It just so happens that the Sportage is one of the vehicles that has the features/ specs I'm looking for that also fits in with my budget. It's that simple. If a 2019 BMW X3 Hybrid had the same specs and price that I was looking for, I would be at BMW right now, LoL.

Sure I have a bias towards Ayala. I made millions working for them. Need I say more about that again?

You make better memories with the car when you enjoy what you're driving and it doesn't give you any problems.

This will be my one and only reply on this. I guess it's true what they say, once a troll, always a troll. MeMa.LoL.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    actually Kaya suggest Xoander coz Mitsubishi itself several gas Cars in the market but failed to sell Outlander ASX Fusion Lancer

Sabi Siguro ng Mitsu: “wow, is this really it? Just price a gasoline car with 7 seater, we reverse decades of trial and error of finding the right game changer”

. Kitams hinde lang sila naka 13000 units in 2018, tinalo pa nila Avanza. For the first time na dethrone ang isang top seller in T badge.

Ngaun May Bagong ecosystem na naman which will comprise the proud owners of Xpander, supplier of accessories for Xpander as well as gray market parallel imports parts for those na namamahalan sa CasA

Hinde ba okey, nakatiped ka na sa isang has higher ground clearance car, dami mo pa kadamsy in the long term in terms of support and camaraderie. Fun run dito soon consult share.

So kaya kita di tinitigilan, I’m giving an option sa isang possible outcome na win win as compared to odds na halos Wala na nya Bumibili ng gas CUV ngaun , tapos Kia pa napile mo. Ang hirap pre pag meron ka unique car pero Wala ka katuwang sa pagpapagawa ang maintenance

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Respect the poster. All he asked for were opinions on the Sportage. His money, he’ll spend it in anyway he sees fit.

Last edited by bloowolf; February 16th, 2019 at 07:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don’t mind OB. Just think of his posts as hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk