New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 102 of 209 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2086
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    He. He. Simple lang pag naka idle.... 0 km gained, x.xx liters of fuel consumed.
    correct. therefore, you have to be idle for 2hrs minimum to get that 6km/l fc for one fill-up cycle. makes sense.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi guys, yeah sorry i did noticed the mistake i was thinking of 1/8 tank and 34 liters as full capacity lol
    anyway i did some more research (including the car's manual) i drive an A/T sedan
    2 things i notice:
    1. Do our Rio's really support leaded fuel?? because it is indicated that we should run it with 95 RON Unleaded fuel, otherwise we might damage the CAT converter.
    2. Why is it written in the break-in process to avoid idling the engine for more than 3min??? << what reason ??

Now i did some research again regarding the CAT converter if damaged:

1.The engine loses some function with a damaged catalytic converter. Your gas mileage can decrease as a result.

2.The engine's power may also be decreased. Slower acceleration and power may be noticeable, especially when going uphill.

3.Warning!
    A damaged catalytic converter may also cause the engine to run hot, which can in turn cause other damage. The running temperature gauge will show if the engine is running hot.

Problem with # 3 in the list above is we don't have an temp gauge (for sedan) and remember what i said about the TOO HOT air intake + hot engine = retarding the timing = running a rich mixture which in return will mess up the ECU i think for all these variables

Read more: Symptoms of Catalytic Converter Damage | eHow.com Symptoms of Catalytic Converter Damage | eHow.com

The last however i read is that running on a leaded fuel can/might foul our spark plug (can cause misfire) and damage the Oxygen sensor (the one controlling the air to fuel ratio mixture)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Dosent the Rio hatch have a temperature gauge

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2RI012 View Post
    Hi guys, yeah sorry i did noticed the mistake i was thinking of 1/8 tank and 34 liters as full capacity lol
    anyway i did some more research (including the car's manual) i drive an A/T sedan
    2 things i notice:
    1. Do our Rio's really support leaded fuel?? because it is indicated that we should run it with 95 RON Unleaded fuel, otherwise we might damage the CAT converter.
    2. Why is it written in the break-in process to avoid idling the engine for more than 3min??? << what reason ??

Now i did some research again regarding the CAT converter if damaged:

1.The engine loses some function with a damaged catalytic converter. Your gas mileage can decrease as a result.

2.The engine's power may also be decreased. Slower acceleration and power may be noticeable, especially when going uphill.

3.Warning!
    A damaged catalytic converter may also cause the engine to run hot, which can in turn cause other damage. The running temperature gauge will show if the engine is running hot.

Problem with # 3 in the list above is we don't have an temp gauge (for sedan) and remember what i said about the TOO HOT air intake + hot engine = retarding the timing = running a rich mixture which in return will mess up the ECU i think for all these variables

Read more: Symptoms of Catalytic Converter Damage | eHow.com Symptoms of Catalytic Converter Damage | eHow.com

The last however i read is that running on a leaded fuel can/might foul our spark plug (can cause misfire) and damage the Oxygen sensor (the one controlling the air to fuel ratio mixture)
    Sir, as far as I know, lead is no longer used in any gasoline variants. Outlawed na po ito because of it's detrimental effects to human health.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Once again sorry for that, now i'm dumb founded lol.
    So the only possible variable i can conclude now is either the Hot air intake or ECU Timing (air to fuel mixture) or Euro IV fuel.
    Hope they fix this ASAP!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ri012 View Post
    once again sorry for that, now i'm dumb founded lol.
    So the only possible variable i can conclude now is either the hot air intake or ecu timing (air to fuel mixture) or euro iv fuel.
    Hope they fix this asap!
    suspected ko din nga ito pero nakalagay sa brochure ng kia rio5 euro 3 compatible lang sya,gaya ng ginawa sa hyundai accent they did something sa ecu then ginawang euro 2 kaya ok na accent ngayon

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rio5 View Post
    suspected ko din nga ito pero nakalagay sa brochure ng kia rio5 euro 3 compatible lang sya,gaya ng ginawa sa hyundai accent they did something sa ecu then ginawang euro 2 kaya ok na accent ngayon
    again I will reiterate my early comment in this thread: ECU reflash to EURO2 might be the onlu solution to this preblem. This is the same problem as the Hyundai Accent engine 1.4L petrol in their early batch.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_allan View Post
    Not sure kung same ang tank ng sedan sa hatch.. pero sa hatch it's 43L. 1/4 nun is 10.75L so if you said 130km tinakbo mo sa 1/4. That's only around 12+ km/l not 20+
    I might be wrong, but as far as I know in that 43L, the reserve fuel is already included which is usually 5-7L of fuel. Depends on the car.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    there was a special edition sedan display sa theater mall

... may body sticker, black painted roof ala panoramic, may body kits nga, pero ang gulong yung stock hubcaps pa din hehe

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    there was a special edition sedan display sa theater mall

... may body sticker, black painted roof ala panoramic, may body kits nga, pero ang gulong yung stock hubcaps pa din hehe
    1.2 variant diba? Sinong dealer nagbebenta and how much?

2012 Kia Rio