New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2086
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Just my two cents guys because i don't know if you all notice this but i do notice that when its raining or when its colder like at night, the car response faster and stronger.

My research and conclusion:
    Factors that MIGHT affect our Kia Rio's FC and Performance:
    1.hot weather or too HOT air intake and hot engine + no temperature gauge
    - hot engine + hot air intake can/might cause pre-ignition in which the ECU will retard the timing and makes the air to fuel ratio too rich = LOTS OF GAS and POOR FC
    - since there is no engine temp we don't know if it is a bit above normal already or not.

2.Euro II gasoline (Should be Euro IV)
    - another thing is we are putting in wrong type of gas which has a 10% ethanol blend into it, unlike in the US which only has 6% ethanol, but even they said the PURE Gasoline is better than the ethanol blend. The fuel we are using might also be not suitable for the compression ratio of the engine because since its hotter here in the Philippines compare to Korea's weather, their engineer might have forgot to take the hot weather and slow traffic into account.

- Another thing if the timing is too advance and you are using a low octane fuel like 91 or 93(w/ethanol)then you will have a lean mixture not to mention the hot air intake again = hot spots in the engine or pre-ignition, that means you will hear fuel knock!!!

Again take notice guys, if its raining or when it is at night (cooler) see how your Kia Rio response and FC's are
    compared to a hot day even without slow traffic.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Kakafull tank ko lang ngayon..

Rio HB

Travelled - 108.7kms
    Filled - 12.883 liter (automatic click)
    = 8.437 kms/liter

About 40 hiway and 60 city with traffic
    Eco mode on and eco driving, shift betwen 2k-2.5k
    Caltex gold
    803 odo

So far this is my best FC and first time to use ECO ON

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 2RI012 View Post
    Just my two cents guys because i don't know if you all notice this but i do notice that when its raining or when its colder like at night, the car response faster and stronger.

My research and conclusion:
    Factors that MIGHT affect our Kia Rio's FC and Performance:
    1.hot weather or too HOT air intake and hot engine + no temperature gauge
    - hot engine + hot air intake can/might cause pre-ignition in which the ECU will retard the timing and makes the air to fuel ratio too rich = LOTS OF GAS and POOR FC
    - since there is no engine temp we don't know if it is a bit above normal already or not.

2.Euro II gasoline (Should be Euro IV)
    - another thing is we are putting in wrong type of gas which has a 10% ethanol blend into it, unlike in the US which only has 6% ethanol, but even they said the PURE Gasoline is better than the ethanol blend. The fuel we are using might also be not suitable for the compression ratio of the engine because since its hotter here in the Philippines compare to Korea's weather, their engineer might have forgot to take the hot weather and slow traffic into account.

- Another thing if the timing is too advance and you are using a low octane fuel like 91 or 93(w/ethanol)then you will have a lean mixture not to mention the hot air intake again = hot spots in the engine or pre-ignition, that means you will hear fuel knock!!!

Again take notice guys, if its raining or when it is at night (cooler) see how your Kia Rio response and FC's are
    compared to a hot day even without slow traffic.

hi 2RIO12 ganda ng analysis mo ito nga din gusto ko ipunto sa SA ng casa ko at mismo sa CAC ang kaso ayaw ako pansinin, ano ba ride mo kasi yun rio5 ko may temperature gauge naman at nasa normal level lang sya palagi,as of now ang nasa trip meter ko naglalaro sa 12-12.3km/100L,ave. last week nasa 12.8-13km/100L speed is 13km,odometer ko nasa 1600km na pero di ako nag rely masyado dito antayin ko muna uli full tank and manual computation ko.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    [QUOTE=c_cube;1971778]Kakafull tank ko lang ngayon..

Rio HB

Travelled - 108.7kms
    = 8.437 kms/liter

Caltex gold
    803 odo

nice c_cube ask ko lang ano lumabas na average speed mo sa trip meter?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    [quote=rio5;1972139]
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Kakafull tank ko lang ngayon..

Rio HB

Travelled - 108.7kms
    = 8.437 kms/liter

Caltex gold
    803 odo

nice c_cube ask ko lang ano lumabas na average speed mo sa trip meter?
    11.0L/100km ang lumabas nun huli bago ako mag full tank. ngayon plano ko naman ECO On tas hataw mode para malaman din consumption. Natry ko na hataw mode with ECO OFF naglalaro sa 6.5-7kms/liter

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    sa manual, naka sulat doon: "avoid idling more than 2 minutes". maybe something sets-off after 2 minutes that contributes poor fc at traffic conditions. aircon?(good performance) alternator?(to charge small battery and power steering), or higher than normal engine temp that expands the cylinder walls and makes the piston travel with force required. kaya siguro walang temp gauge ang ex mt ko. kaya siguro dapat rev up once in a while to cool the engine? questions, questions everywhere and not a drop of answer.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi guys, just travelled to and from Tagaytay yesterday my route was SLEX and Skyway i'm not sure if its accurate
    from half-tank full i reset ODO, up to my home i have 1/4 tank left of tank (V-Power Nitro+ Racing, i just tried it lol!)
    i got a total of 130km w/ 1/4 tank or 4.25 liters? can you guys confirm can this be accurate? Revving up to 2.5-3k only and max speed of 100kph only with average of 80-100kph (130kph for few seconds only)

so am i correct to assume 130km / 4.25 liter = 30.58km/L ?? or even just 20+ km/L??
    need some experts on computing FC here thanks!! please give me some opinions
    i will post the pics of my dashboard tom thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spymaker View Post
    sa manual, naka sulat doon: "avoid idling more than 2 minutes". maybe something sets-off after 2 minutes that contributes poor fc at traffic conditions. aircon?(good performance) alternator?(to charge small battery and power steering), or higher than normal engine temp that expands the cylinder walls and makes the piston travel with force required. kaya siguro walang temp gauge ang ex mt ko. kaya siguro dapat rev up once in a while to cool the engine? questions, questions everywhere and not a drop of answer.
    He. He. Simple lang pag naka idle.... 0 km gained, x.xx liters of fuel consumed.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2RI012 View Post
    Hi guys, just travelled to and from Tagaytay yesterday my route was SLEX and Skyway i'm not sure if its accurate
    from half-tank full i reset ODO, up to my home i have 1/4 tank left of tank (V-Power Nitro+ Racing, i just tried it lol!)
    i got a total of 130km w/ 1/4 tank or 4.25 liters? can you guys confirm can this be accurate? Revving up to 2.5-3k only and max speed of 100kph only with average of 80-100kph (130kph for few seconds only)

so am i correct to assume 130km / 4.25 liter = 30.58km/L ?? or even just 20+ km/L??
    need some experts on computing FC here thanks!! please give me some opinions
    i will post the pics of my dashboard tom thanks
    Fuel tank capacity is more than 40 L so 1/4 capacity can never be 4.25L. If that is so, you only have approximately 17 L Tank capacity and that is absurd. Correct computation is full tank then reset trip meter. On next full tank, divide trip meter reading by liters of fuel filled.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Not sure kung same ang tank ng sedan sa hatch.. pero sa hatch it's 43L. 1/4 nun is 10.75L so if you said 130km tinakbo mo sa 1/4. That's only around 12+ km/l not 20+

2012 Kia Rio