New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Korean Pride | 2012 Kia Rio 1.2 LX MT Sedan
    Words and photos by Niky Tamayo

The very first media test unit I ever drove was a Kia Rio back in 2006. It was a taxi-spec Kia Rio, in white. The only luxuries were air-conditioning, power-steering, and a radio. It had wind-up windows, hubcaps, and a price-tag not much higher than a Kia Picanto. Despite the low price, not many buyers bit. The spartan interior and lack of toys meant that it was more popular with taxi services than private buyers. And even then, taxi services often went for the 1.5 liter diesel Accent over the 1.4 liter gasoline Rio.

With the new-model roll-over, Kia reintroduces the taxi-spec Rio at the same sub-P600,000 price-point. It's still pretty basic. But it now comes with a 1.2 liter engine, shared with the Hyundai i10. Most people might see this as a disadvantage, but the expected savings in fuel could make it an even more attractive proposition for taxi-operators everywhere.

LINK FOR MORE: Korean Pride | 2012 Kia Rio 1.2 LX MT Sedan
    SOURCE: Kotse.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    eto daw ang Rio walang problema sa FC

interior picture sana ng rio 1.2 LX...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    eto daw ang Rio walang problema sa FC

interior picture sana ng rio 1.2 LX...

Click the link to see the other pictures. (kaya nga may LINK FOR MORE eh).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One thing I really like about the Rio?

Other manufacturers take note: This is what we need in this day and age of electronic gadgets and whatsits. MORE power outlets. Not less. If Kia can give us twin power outlets at less than 600k, why can't others?

Only thing that would make it better is an additional USB outlet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    tama si sir niky kelangan na ng ganun sa ngayon power connection for our gadgets di na problema malobat ang gadgets...

2012 Kia Rio 1.2 LX MT Sedan