New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Bumili ng kia soul yung GF ko yung 1.6L A/T gas. Parang medyo malakas sa gas halos kasing lakas ng 2010 Tucson GLS gas ko, 8km/L highway driving. SLEX speed 70-90kph, ayaw pa ihataw ng GF ko kaya mabagal lang takbo. Normal lang ba ito? Sino pang owners ng 1.6L soul? Feedback naman mga sir.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Animetal View Post
    Bumili ng kia soul yung GF ko yung 1.6L A/T gas. Parang medyo malakas sa gas halos kasing lakas ng 2010 Tucson GLS gas ko, 8km/L highway driving. SLEX speed 70-90kph, ayaw pa ihataw ng GF ko kaya mabagal lang takbo. Normal lang ba ito? Sino pang owners ng 1.6L soul? Feedback naman mga sir.
    Maybe you can teach your GF a few fuel saving tips?

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-economy...-summer-81618/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Animetal View Post

I have driven the SOUL 1.6L and it can go 0-100kph rather quickly but it does seem to favor a cruising speed of around 90kph.

8km/L (highway) for a 1.6L is rather low, maybe some changes in driving habits can improve that.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wait for it to break in. New engines only hit their stride after about 10,000 kilometers.

And she might be driving too slow. Though what is more important than actual cruising speed is how you get there. If she spends too long accelerating (taking, for example, one whole minute to get to 80 km/h), that can explain the poor fuel consumption.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir niky, is there an official or a reported FC of the 1.6 soul?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't know official. I was not the one who did the Soul article for the magazine, so I have no firsthand knowledge of the fuel consumption, but I have driven it on two separate test drives.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Official fuel mileage of the SOUL 1.6 is 11(city)/13(highway) Km/L

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Salamat sa mga feedback.
    Yes I think she was running too slow, most of the time I am seeing only 70kph. One more thing is I think we didnt get a full tank to the brim to begin with. Thats is why there was also descrepancy when we refueled again in sto tomas. We will try again this weekend.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... the only way to be sure is to top off the tank (first click), drive around, then top off again at the exact same pump.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Official fuel mileage of the SOUL 1.6 is 11(city)/13(highway) Km/L
    Sir does official mean it is from actual tests here in the Philippines? Or is this the one claimed by Kia?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 Kial SOUL 1.6L gas consumption