New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    bro sparcom, ok naman sya, in terms of putik kung basa yung stepboard acts as a big mudguard na rin, so deflected din yung mud. Go for it, very good protection sya from door dings.

*IceT, the stepboards prevent sedan doors from hitting the body of the Sorento. The first thing the sedan door will hit is the step board since sedan doors are lower. The step boards don't offer the same protection if the car parked beside is also an SUV. That's why I make it a point to always park beside a post and a sedan. No door dings there.
    Same practice with my sportage pero minsan when you came back, just to find out wala na yon sedan.... big SUV na nasa tabi .........

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mrgunn, kinailangan ba magdrill ng butas sa body ng sorento nung pinainstall mo yung stepboard? kasi nung naginquire ako sa maspro pwede daw hindi na magdrill.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    *IceT, the stepboards prevent sedan doors from hitting the body of the Sorento. The first thing the sedan door will hit is the step board since sedan doors are lower. The step boards don't offer the same protection if the car parked beside is also an SUV. That's why I make it a point to always park beside a post and a sedan. No door dings there.
    Got it. Oo nga naman, pwede nga. Thanks for the explanation.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Re: Install of stepboards, I'm not familiar coz my unit came with the stepboards na, being a "Limited" edition model from Wheels. It came with the boards, the bumper overriders, the chrome accents, and the AVT GPS Head unit.

Now, to make my Sorento more "Limited", I went to jedi's tsikotshop and had my audio set up done. I wanted a clean install that made use of the 3rd row space below my trunk. I wanted clear and clean sound quality with the right amount of bass response, without compromising space. I wanted my trunk to still remain usable. And I wanted a system that has good visual impact but still remains practical. All this I wanted for less than 50K worth.

For my audio set up, I decided to go for an all Firland Audio set up. The brand compliments the Sorento very well since the amps are manufactured in South Korea as well. Jon (Jedi's installer) was responsible for the overall design and tuning of my system.

Check out the pics below:

2 Amp System with a 12" sub in a custom sealed enclosure, with matching red LED lights that matches the Sorento's red mood lights

The subwoofer has the "Eye of Sauron" effect.

2 Amp System using Firland Audio's XA 460 amp and FA1200 mono amp. Both amps are sealed in 1/2" Plexiglass covers for good load bearing capacity.

Frosted Plexiglass gives amps the impression of floating on red water

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Lakas ng sound setup yo MrGunn, ganda.... sa akin basta acceptable lang ang sound, ok na yan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    More on SQ yung set up ko bro, since hindi ported yung sub, fully sealed enclosure siya. Malakas pa rin naman, pero di naman yung super. What I like about it is the "concert hall" feel, yung voice and instruments ng music makes me feel like I'm sitting in the front row of a concert. When i close my eyes while listening it feels like the singer is right beside me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just don't do it when you are stock at the middle of Metro Manila traffic

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For Sportage: Minor cosmetic changes ...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Dumi nung exhaust resonator

Okay yung K badge, ganda.

Yung Limited badge, tabingi.

Yung TLX badge, akin nalang. Kita tayo Kia Quirino

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Dumi nung exhaust resonator

Okay yung K badge, ganda.

Yung Limited badge, tabingi.