New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kia Motors has been working hard to renew itís successful SUV/crossover line-up. After it has successfully launched itís all-new Borrego/Mohave SUV, the company is now preparing to bring the new Sorento and Sportage to the market.
    Joining our latest round of 2010 Sorento spy shots, that we have seen here last week, are the first spy shots of the 2010 Kia Sportage! Although styling details are being kept closely guarded, these spy shots reveal, the 2010 Sportage will feature sportier and far more distinctive design.
    Codenamed SL, the 2010 Kia Sportage will get a new 6-speed automatic transmission and a range of new four-cylinder engines. Powertrain options will include a range topping 2,0L diesel engine, delivering 184 horsepower. Named the R-engine, it was jointly developed with Hyundai Motor Company over the period of 42 months with a cost of 250 million won. It will also debut in the 2010 Hyundai Tucson as well as in other upcoming Kia vehicles.
    The engine line-up will also include other engines, but at the moment, there are no further details, except of the rumour that tells the V6 gasoline engine will be nixed and replaced with a more fuel-savy four-cylinder unit. Next generation Kia Sportage is also expected to pick-up a new 6-speed automatic transmission, which has also been developed together with Hyundai. The 6-speed manual will also be available.
    So, when will this new Sportage be hitting the streets? We have been told that it will first go on sale in South Korea in February 2010.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/GINA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    wow, cute. nawala na ang boxy type body niya. parang pinaliit na 2010 sorento rin... galing!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    wow, cute. nawala na ang boxy type body niya. parang pinaliit na 2010 sorento rin... galing!
    I have a rumor, is the grille have the same look as the forte, a facelifted optima, or the upcoming sorento? (or even the upcoming opirus replacement?)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Starting with Kia Soul, all new Kia's will be carrying Peter Schreyer H grille design. You can already see this on their new models like the Soul, Forte, Borrego, 2010 Sorento and Optima. For sure, this new Sportage will carry this new H grille too.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i can see / tell from the looks alone na mas maganda tong piliin over the upcoming sorento. sa likod nakikita kong medyo boxy pa rin dating nung rear window which is great. front lang nako sana maganda. from the rear photo shown there parang nakakakita ako ng traces ng rear lamps pataas sa window which reminds me of the hyundai i10's at volvo's. i'm loving the side view badly the head lights na visible as i can see eh merong curve sa baba ng onti which tells me it might look aggressive pero it also tells me na baka malaki pa rin headlights niya like the current ones

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    Starting with Kia Soul, all new Kia's will be carrying Peter Schreyer H grille design. You can already see this on their new models like the Soul, Forte, Borrego, 2010 Sorento and Optima. For sure, this new Sportage will carry this new H grille too.
    You're right, but wait! Does the Borrego have that Peter Schreyer grille design?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    wow. I wonder when they will bring this to our shores? Is it just me... pero mukhang naka-projector type headlamps na siya.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

saw this on the internet and it looks nice.. d ko lng sure ung interior kung ganyan talaga..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, its the 2010 sorento po.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Wow ganda!!! maybe its time to start mag ipon ng pera for this hehehehhehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2010 Kia Sportage spyshots