New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    went to see the kia carnival at kia libis. the new carnival is better looking than the previous model (well personally). i think putting a 2.9 li CRDi is one of the selling point of this MPV. I am interested in getting the SWB due to its size, i find the LWB to long for everyday driving alone. the swb is like a cross over from sedan-mpv-suv. my only problem is that i guess there arent many owners yet of this MPV to give accounts of actual driving experience. before i do get the carnival, i want to hear the experiences (good and bad) of owners. kia libis informed me that it can go 9-10 kms on a liter od diesel, but i think it will only get 6-7 kms. only my guess.. hope to hear from owners their feedback so i can finally decide next month.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's a kia showroom in silvercity, sa likod ng sm hypermart. and they have a display unit of the new crdi carnival.

as per the sales agent:

LWB: 1.550M a/t only
    SWB: 1.275M AT, 1.2M MT

the display unit is a single colored blue "EX" model and is CBU from korea. which i think explains the hefty price tag. and is also installed with steel rims.

ex models used to have two tone colors, and comes with alloy wheels. but the sales agent told me that new units now come with alloys.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    So may alloy wheels na yung susunod na batch ng EX LWB variants ng new Carnival CRDI ng Kia..That's good news..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    according to kia libis, they will be replacing all carnival units, ex and lx, with alloy wheels. makes sence since the price is over a million pesos and their units are equipped with rims and hub caps only. total turn off. the more i look at the carnival, the more i like its new look.. sayang lang hindi standard leather seats for the ex.. it costs an additional 58K to have leather seats.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I was lucky enough to see this vehicle up close and was also able to play around with the inside. I was not able to test drive the vehicle yet though.

My quick comments would be the mini-van is quite large. Can fit 7-8 persons and would still take on real sized luggage. T

The second row seats can only be reclined, and can fold & tumble. But they cannot be moved forwards and back to accomodate taller fellows with longer legs. The legroom from the second row is a bit disappointing. In fact, the legroom of the 3rd row is a lot better than the 2nd row.

The 3rd row are ala stow-n-go style like the chrysler town and country. The 3rd row disappears when you fold it out of the way.

The engine is more than enough for the body. 2.9 CRDI, intercooler daw. I predict this car can go pretty fast.

The front panel is laid out pretty well. Manumatic transmission in the dash, freeing up space in the front.

Only the driver gets an airbag. The front passenger better rely on his trusty old seat belt for protection.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i was able to test drove the SWB LX of Hyundai Libis. Comparing the engine with my previous 2.5 TDi Starex and 2.0 Xtrail, this 2.9 li CRDi is much stronger than the starex engine and at par with the pulling power of my Xtrail. Although its a bit noisier than the 2.2 CRDi VGT of the Sta Fe, it feels stronger in the lower rpm band due to the higher displacement/HP/Torque.

But of course, my views are made based on test drive only and i am no expert. hehe

the ride was comfortable for a mini van. i was happy with my starex but this is better. the steering wheel was light as my xtrail, unlike the heavy feel of the fortuner and starex.

the legroom at the 2nd row was adequate for a 5'7" guy like me, better than many medium sized suvs. special mention on the center of the 2nd row, since there were no console box in between the front seats. so you can actually stretch your legs.

the 3rd row seats offer ample leg room than all 3rd row seats of mediem sized suvs, inlcuding the innova. but fitting 3 adults of medium built will be difficult for long drives.

my problem is that there were no room left for bags and baggages during out of town sorties or weekends at the grocery. a roof rail and rack would be a must for the lx.

anyway, these are my views regarding the lx carnival swb. hope these help.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman View Post
    i was able to test drove the SWB LX of Hyundai Libis. Comparing the engine with my previous 2.5 TDi Starex and 2.0 Xtrail, this 2.9 li CRDi is much stronger than the starex engine and at par with the pulling power of my Xtrail. Although its a bit noisier than the 2.2 CRDi VGT of the Sta Fe, it feels stronger in the lower rpm band due to the higher displacement/HP/Torque.

But of course, my views are made based on test drive only and i am no expert. hehe

the ride was comfortable for a mini van. i was happy with my starex but this is better. the steering wheel was light as my xtrail, unlike the heavy feel of the fortuner and starex.

the legroom at the 2nd row was adequate for a 5'7" guy like me, better than many medium sized suvs. special mention on the center of the 2nd row, since there were no console box in between the front seats. so you can actually stretch your legs.

the 3rd row seats offer ample leg room than all 3rd row seats of mediem sized suvs, inlcuding the innova. but fitting 3 adults of medium built will be difficult for long drives.

my problem is that there were no room left for bags and baggages during out of town sorties or weekends at the grocery. a roof rail and rack would be a must for the lx.

anyway, these are my views regarding the lx carnival swb. hope these help.

How's the ride height/ground clearance at full/part load?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I wonder if this would make a replacement for my Pajero Fieldmaster? Medyo hirap kasi umakyat ang family ko and masikip din sila sa second row ng Pajero since di comfortable jumpseats sa likod.

I was originally eyeing the Starex pero parang sobrang laki naman sya kung ako lang mag-isa lalabas.

Saw the EX (SWB) at Puregold shaw and mukhang ok naman. Sayang, wala pa yung mga agents kaya di ko nausisa yung loob.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    wow! ganda ng bagong carnival! its more classy than d innova, and not too bulky than the starex! gotta check on this.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the lx swb carnival is definitely a couple of notch higher than the innova lower variants. its got a stronger engine at 2.9 li and has got sliding doors, has better seating seats than the innova and has better styling. it has a triple controls for a/c thermostat, fron left/right and rear. the legroom on the 3rd row is better. i am all praises for this carnival. its more expensive though..