New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Whats LWB and SWB?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The LWB version has three rows of seats behind the driver, the SWB only has two.

LWB - Long Wheel Base
    SWB - Short Wheel Base

I still prefer the long one. I'm used to maneuvering big vehicles. Besides, at 1.2m for the SWB, the Starex is still roomier.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

LWB - Long Wheel Base
    SWB - Short Wheel Base
    Thanks sir

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I want to see the LWB version, as it might be a good alternative to getting a Santa Fe. (blasphemy! )
    wrong on that count, niky. it's the better alternative to the overrated fortuner!

i have scrutinized both versions of the carnival while my car was being serviced at wheels.

imo the LWB version is a tad longer than the sedona it replaced. one option that distinguishes it from the SWB is the rear split bench that folds down flat into the floor. when the rear bench is up, it reveals a deep bin that effectively increases the tailgate storage capacity. plus plus plus on that.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I saw that, too, when we went to the Kia Show last year. The system is very impressive, although the display model's third bench seemed a bit worn down (mechanism wasn't as solid as I would like) from all the manhandling it had gone through over the months.

I've been waiting a long time to see the actual test units here in the Philippines. While our current purchase plan (I'm helping my Mom acquire the funding for this) is targetted at the seven-seater Santa Fe, I might suggest the Carnival if the ride is as good as the Santa Fe's.

I would have recommended the Starex, but the soft rear suspension tuning isn't confidence building, and handling safety is a very big priority for me, as, ultimately, we will be driving this thing long distance (Baguio, Tugegarao, Batangas, Pangasinan) at various times of the day and in inclement weather, so handling confidence is a must.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    wrong on that count, niky. it's the better alternative to the overrated fortuner!
    Unfair comparison. Fortuner's an SUV while the Sedona/Carnival is an MPV. Both have different applications.

Any word, if Kia Philippines deleted the side curtains on this one? It would be really disappointing if they tried to scrimp on the wrong area (safety) again.

pics naman ng legroom,o, LWB sana, pero masmaganda kung pati yung SWB-->parang nakita ko na yung SWB sa may northridge sa tapat ng cherry-congre--di nalalayo sa haba ng carens!

edit > baka sa overrated innova--> they claim its an MPV e...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw the new LWB Carnival today at the Power Plant Mall (together with the Sorento, Sportage and the Carens). It only has 3 rows of seat (2-3-3). I was disappointed with the interior. Looks cheap. Mas maganda pa interior ng Carens.

I found something weird with its rear aircon temperature control or controls. It have 3 controls for temp setting, 2 placed on top of each other in the dashboard, and 1 in the rear control panel.

The LWB is priced at P1.550M while the SWB is priced at around P1.2++M.

The LWB's 3rd row hides under the floor while the SWB's 3rd row is fold-and-tumble.

powered doors(sliding+tailgate) at rear quarter windows ba?

i asked na bale daw 1.550M(unit)+49thou sa insurance+9 thou sa 3-year LTO, that is kung after the promo nila...(june 30 daw.)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. Power twin sliding doors, power tail gate, power sliding door windows, power rear quarter windows.