New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mga Pare, What can you about this van ? Ok ba ang performance and engine na 2700 cc diesel ? How is the ride, air conditioning and fuel consumption of this van. In terms of pricing (830,000) ok na cya compared to toyota and nissan. share naman your experience especially mga owner of this van. thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by car-info
    Mga Pare, What can you about this van ? Ok ba ang performance and engine na 2700 cc diesel ? How is the ride, air conditioning and fuel consumption of this van. In terms of pricing (830,000) ok na cya compared to toyota and nissan. share naman your experience especially mga owner of this van. thanks.
    I really don't have any first-hand experience on this van but from what I've read before, the problems that were usually encountered pertains to the engine and the airconditioner. More often gets overheated, while the airconditioner gets problematic after a few thousand kilometer.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My aunt-in-law had a Pregio. Based sa experience, laging nasisira ang aircon. Tapos, mainit sa likod kapag middle of the day na. Fuel consumption, okay naman daw. Yung ride, dun sa van nya dati medyo stiff. The engine tended to overheat so they had to change the radiator. It had a built-in TV that was installed sa roof, but it was so far back that the front passenger would not be able to watch the movie. In addition, the screen was so small that it was only the middle passengers that could watch the movie.

Nissan (Escapade), ang naging problems were the front wheels. Laging napupudpod. Based on their queries sa Nissan, sakit daw ng Escapade 'to. I told them to replace the front shocks, which were fluid types, with gas shocks. So far, the 'pudpod' problem has been solved. Okay din ang fuel consumption. The ride is okay. Airconditioner is okay, kaya lang medyo mainit din sa likod during the middle of the day.

Toyota (commuter), masyadong mallit ang leg-room at stiff ang cabin seats. Wala pang head-rest. It also tends to get warm sa likod during the middle of the day. Fuel consumption is okay. The ride is okay also. Yung Super Grandia, luxirious ang loob kaya lang, IMO, magastos sa krudo. Pero ang trade-off naman eh excellent ride overall. Aircon malamig, kahit sa likod.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka fixed na mga yan sa current pregio...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I would suggest to consider the 2005 Toyota Hi-ace Commuter. Better build quality, lower maintenance, more service centers, and better resale value. Di ka rin nakasave with a Kia Pregio.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    One of my uncles and an officemate of mine have had nothing good to say about their Pregios. As the others have stated the most common (and always recurring) problem with this vehicle is the airconditioning system. My uncle's unit also needed to be overhauled after less than a year and a half of use.

Personally I would consider alternatives. Yes the price is affordable but the potential problems are just not worth it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my friend in hcp sold their pregio due to its recurring aircon problem.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    mag HIACE ka n lng D4D pa!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tOrPe_bOi
    mag HIACE ka n lng D4D pa!

yup yung hi-ace simple-looking yet it has a very good engine (D4D). mahal nga lang masyado

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    baka lalabas ang bagong version ng hi-ace ngayomg June ...maybe the grandia or super grandia version

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2005 kia Pregio GS