New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,care 2 defend ur honor?:lol: outnumbered k yata.now im veering 2wards d carnival

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf::: Why stick with the '94 Montero or '01 Carnival when you can have other good choices, besides the 2 vehicles mentioned?

But given with the available choices, I think I'd go with the newer model.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf
    ei,peeps.hope u guys can help me.m currntly using a 98 rav4 but i now find it 2 small 4 my growing family (2 babies,my wyf,2yayas,mothernlaw..u get d picture).iv narrowed it down 2 either a 94 montero or a 2001 carnival ls.both fit my needs:size,diesel (although i'v never ownd nor driven diesel b4),matic. d carnival is cheaper. my only question w/ it is durability, availability of parts, cost of maintenance & resale value.d montero,its old.1 year na lang,10y old car na cya.myt also be bumpy.& its more xpensiv (im trading it & d owner wants me 2 add 150k?!is dat reasonable?myn's a 98 rav4,manual,only 36t km on it,viper,racing filters,3m tint,leather seats(im selling it 4 600t).d montero is 94,orig lhd,moonroof,2.8diesel,matic,86t km.whereas d carnival is only 550t. dats my dilemma. hope u guys cn help me decide soon.salamat in advance,diesel/tsikot peeps :lol:
    sa MONTERO ka if you need 4x4.
    kung hindi naman, sa CARNIVAL ka na kasi mas bago siya.
    lugi ka naman ata kung add ka pang P150th sa montero?
    magkano ba rav4 and montero nowadays?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for family use...carnival, o kaya 2000 up model na starex na lang.

o kaya grandia yung coils na sa likod,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir kimpoy,ayaw ko po kc ng full sized van.lalo na ung mga semiflat& w/ d engne under ur seat.besyds,i maybe a dad (& proud of it) but i dont exctly want my ryd 2 shout it,eh? :roll: i also want sumthng dat wud handle well (so starexs&grandias r out).m also partial 2 suvs coz d rav,kahit mini-suv lang,nasulong ko na sa thigh deep waters,walang ka-probleproblema.iv had bad xprncs na kc n d past w/ floods (corolla,pinasok ng 2big;honda city,tinulak ng kibitzers coz di kaya ung headlyt-high flood sa marcos highway). cyempre,of kors,andun din ung constraints ng budget ko.

sir ungas, taking all these under consider8n, wat els kind of choices do i hav?ganda sana ng ryd mo kaya lang balita ko maingay daw.di pwede 4 my babies :o

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf, my choice would be the carnival,
    5 star rating sa front crash test sa USA
    mas lalong ok kung may VCD or DVD para wala na yung
    "are we there yet dad"

me also a dad kaya gusto ko rin carnival or a landcruiser he..he

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf,

I guess the reason why alot of the peeps are suggesting the carnival is because its a 2001 model. I guess a lot of opinions would change if you were to compare a 2001 Pajero with the Carnival, instead of a 94.

Anyways, if you really need space, i myself would suggest you go with the Carnival. The Paje/Montero Is indeed a good ride, quite easy to maintain. But if you want to keep the chikitings comfy and need room... carnival it is!

Kung binata ka pa sana.... eh di Montero :D Pang impress sa tsiks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf::: Sir, a '97-'98 Pajero with price range of 650-750K? A '99 Executive Series Safari for 800K? Kung bahaan din lang ang main purpose and loading your kids, grab a newer model SUV for the second hand bargain. Have you seen the tsikot galleries? It may give you an idea how a Safari crosses hood deep river. :mrgreen:

Pano pong maingay? Sound coming from the engine? Low end torque po kasi ang TD42 engines, nagagalit ang makina pag below 1500rpm at higher gear. Eto po napansin ko sa ride ko makambyo not like high end torqued 4D56 engines.

FYI lang po, yung Starex vans have front mounted engines. Mid hood engine openings give you the advantage of maneuvering in tight corners and parking spaces. And would you believe that it is easier to turn than my Safari? :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wulf,

I own a 2002 Carnival that will turn 1 year old next month. So far it has performed exceptionally well, giving my family and myself comfort and safety during our weekly out-of-town trips from QC to Tarlac. It can easily cruise at 110-120 kph on the expressway (with RPM to spare), and the engine, though it is a diesel, doesn't sound like one because of the sound insulation material in the engine bay and the common rail technology that the engine employs. My officemates are other passengers are often surprised when I mention that my ride is a diesel. The ride is quite car-like, and even though mine has a manual tranny, I seldom get tired even on long drives because of the good driving position that the Carnival has.

On the other hand, a neighbor of mine has an older 2001 model, and I can honestly say that his engine sounds terrible... i can hear his Carnival coming even when I'm in my second floor bedroom. The difference, I suppose, is in the maintenance of the engine. Being a turbocharged vehicle, you have to observe proper warmup and cooldown times for the engine. Also, being a diesel, strict adherence to the preventive maintenance schedule is a must to maintain a quiet, clean ride.

My advice is, if you go for the Carnival, check very well if the engine is in good condition, since it is the heart of the vehicle and engine repairs are often costly.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wulf,

From another perspective... :D

I'd say keep the RAV4.

Because I think, occasional lang naman na isasakay mo ang 2 yaya's and the mother of your wife d ba? For that occasional purpose, rent a van na lang. My guess is that, summer kasi ngayon, and puro outing ang nasa utak natin ngayon, kaya ayon -- nagkaroon ng need.

Pogi pa rin ang RAV4 mo, in other words, wala ka dapat problemahin pala :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1994 Montero or 2001 Kia Carnival LS??