New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ei,peeps.hope u guys can help me.m currntly using a 98 rav4 but i now find it 2 small 4 my growing family (2 babies,my wyf,2yayas,mothernlaw..u get d picture).iv narrowed it down 2 either a 94 montero or a 2001 carnival ls.both fit my needs:size,diesel (although i'v never ownd nor driven diesel b4),matic. d carnival is cheaper. my only question w/ it is durability, availability of parts, cost of maintenance & resale value.d montero,its old.1 year na lang,10y old car na cya.myt also be bumpy.& its more xpensiv (im trading it & d owner wants me 2 add 150k?!is dat reasonable?myn's a 98 rav4,manual,only 36t km on it,viper,racing filters,3m tint,leather seats(im selling it 4 600t).d montero is 94,orig lhd,moonroof,2.8diesel,matic,86t km.whereas d carnival is only 550t. dats my dilemma. hope u guys cn help me decide soon.salamat in advance,diesel/tsikot peeps :lol:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    alam ko sirain ang kia... imho.. from experience.. kasi dati may sportage kme then un pregio.. lage naccra.. blah blah.. overhaul.. lakas pa sa gas..

kung ako montero..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    definitely mas matibay ang montero kesa sa carnival (i presumed 2nd hand din since 550T lang price). kaso, baka masikipan din kayo kung sasakay buong pamilya mo, especially out of town trips, wala na kayong mapaglagyan ng baggage. the montero is more of a recreational car, while yung carnival ang family van talaga. madami din naman satisfied carnival owners dito, meron pa nga atang thread dito na pagkahabahaba, all about the good things of carnival. just make a search of it.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd take the carnival... it's got the space for your entire family PLUS everyone's gear, something that can't be said of the pajero/montero.

since you're considering the carnival, i assume you're not too keen on going off-road... the carnival is much, much newer and will serve your needs much better than the montero will.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can't comment about the montero, yung ba yung mukhang terrano? if that's what it is, then maliit nga for a family car. mas ok for a family car yung carnival. I inspected one up close nung merong display sa Sta Lucia. Good legroom and looks very comfy inside. pwede ata gawin conference type seating confirugation yung seats sa likod (yung ba tawag dun?) and has a powerful 2.9L diesel engine. I heard the late model Carnivals are ok in terms of durability.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Carnival. Space,comfort and safety. The introduction of the Carnival turned things around for KIA because it drew rave reviews. There is a thread indeed that says a lot of good things about the Carnival, it's a loooooooooooong one. Use the extra money to buy things for your little ones like a really good baby seat to complement the safety features of the Carnival or an upgrade on the stereo system. I think it got a 5 star rating on safety by the NHSTA in the US. I think the montero is way too expensive with that kind of deal the owner is dishing out.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    this is the montero 94

http://www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/1994/Mitsubishi/2711/007843-E.jpg

and kia carnival looks like this

http://automotor.xl.pt/aut/1101/imagem/kia_460.jpg

id rather choose the montero.. astig looks, mas maganda siguro pang long distance kasama family with baggage sa likod... opinion ko lang yun..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hav definitely come 2 d ryt place/forum.very insightful po.will take evrythng under consideration.ei,is any1 ntrstd in my rav?:wink: also,since wala akong alam s diesel,mind giving tips? i know there's a thread sumwer hir,but if u dnt mind posting...:?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    heres a review about the carnival:

http://www.motioncars.com/archive/ca...w30/index.html

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carnival ako.
    mas practical sa needs mo & your family.
    tsaka mas bago kaysa dun sa montero.
    =)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
1994 Montero or 2001 Kia Carnival LS??