New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Real talk right here :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    No takers for this thread. Actually, if you go over this article, it points out what CACC did to butcher the brand image in the Philippines & there are more than a couple of reasons why:
    1. Should read “Not easy on your wallet”. While the brand offering in the US market is meanth to compete with the other Asian & European brands, Kia is hoping the gains it makes in the US will resonate all over the world. Unfortunately, it does not. Which brings us to.....
    2. No. 7 points out that “Quality is truly King” in the US but not in the Philippines. The options loaded for the Philippine market pales in comparison to that in the US. How can they push the car to sell well in the US with all the bells & whistles for a very tempting price & not do it here in the Philippines? Only thing I can think of is that the car is Made in the USA & ours is imported from Korea. But aren’t all things Made in the USA supposed to be more expensive?
    3. No. 8 says “Loaded on Luxury”. Again, what we get here are stripped down versions riding on the popularity & reputation of the versions they sell in the US.
    4. Well, no. 10 says “The future looks bright”. With the exit of CACC & the entry of Ayala, we are all optimistic for the brand....now. But it remains to be seen whether Ayala will be able to resurrect the image butchered by CACC.

I just hope Ayala corp. listens to their customers. As what the author says in conclusion of his article:
    “Love or hate them, once you take into account all of the accomplishments and advantages, it’s impossible to ignore the fact that Korean automakers have earned their keep and have one hell of a success story to tell”

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ayala just needs properly equipped cars. Nobody wants a sunroof, and this option makes the price go up too much.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    greed. no other word to describe cacc's motivations.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    dapat Toyota na lang maghandle ng Kia eh. pwede ba yun

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Ayala just needs properly equipped cars. Nobody wants a sunroof, and this option makes the price go up too much.

First thing they should do is listen to the consumer, like a survey of whatÂ’s in & not. The cars are so stripped down for the RP market. Then again, what do consumers really want in their cars. If we list down the current US specÂ’d toys, we can do without some. Here are some of the toys currently offered in the US market. There are some more I didnÂ’t mention:
    Sunroof
    Lane departure warning
    AWD (good for snow)
    Collision mitigation system
    Automatic parking
    Parking assist
    Smart welcome system
    Heated seats & steering wheel
    6 airbag system
    Auto wipers
    Auto headlight
    Leather seats
    Blind spot warning
    Static bending lights
    Stability control
    Sat nav
    AVN

Most, if not all of these toys are offered in other brands, but it also shoots the price of the car up, wAy beyond reasonable. Of course, consumers would like all the goodies in there for the cheapest price possible.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

What is the real use of a sunroof?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    dapat Toyota na lang maghandle ng Kia eh. pwede ba yun
    Toyota bought Daewoo. Yung Wigo Daewoo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Toyota bought Daewoo. Yung Wigo Daewoo.
    Err... Actually Daihatsu po yung wigo sir, not Daewoo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Err... Actually Daihatsu po yung wigo sir, not Daewoo.
    Ok, Daihatsu, my mistake. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast