New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Help on my 08 kia sportage when the car passes by a water 4 inches deep the battery light turns on and suddenly the car wants to turn off but after a few seconds the light disappear and everything is normal again.. what is the problem of my car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It is possible that the alternator is getting wet.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ok ill try checking the alternator.. thanks

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba yan covered sa warranty? 08 model, 3 years warranty. Update us on your problem. Also have 09 sportage 4x2.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    di ba mataas ang location ng alternator natin sir? Sa tingin ko kaya umiilaw ang battery indicator kasi parang namamatay ang makina di ba? Observe your revs kung bigla bumabagsak. Baka hindi battery problem to better have it checked kaagad.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Or probably there are wirings that are being grounded/short-circuited by the water. Did this happened many times only on stagnant water or timing lang when the batt indicator lit?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    this only happens when the car passes by stagnant water. i called the kia mechanics here in zamboanga city they said that they will check the problem of my car hoping that this is not a big problem.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    the kia technicians found the problem that causes the battery lights to turn on, it was the compressor when it comes contact with water it will stop turning.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    finally got the car back!! the problem was the v-belt and the tensioner.. hope that the problem will never come back again..

08 Kia sportage battery lights appear when the car passes by stagnant water (road)