New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi everyone,

Summer is almost on her way out and what a summer we had... 37degC temps wow!

Once in a while I would be forced to park my Sportage under the afternoon sun maybe for an hour or two. Baking hot and considering I have the super light absorbing black variant.

Obviously, hopping into the oven hot car means having to burn your underpants and hands... luckily the seat upholstery is a combination of fabric and leather so the torture is a bit bearable.

Now, the next thing I would do is open the windows a bit to let the hot air out and then turn up the AC ... almost all the way up. With the cooling on max. Then after a minute close all the windows back ... for fear of suffocating in the quality of our Manila air.

Driving through C5, I noticed that the AC would, at certain intervals, stop spewing out cold air and for about 5 seconds it would be on just fan mode and then it would go back to normal cold air. The indicator light for the AC never went off, temperature reading is normal (as indicated on the instrument cluster), no signs of overheating; it's like the AC just stopped working, leaving just the fan to do the work. This happened a number of times and only during times I had to park under the sun.

I have not called the casa yet pero I will definitely raise this concern on my next visit.

Has this ever happened to your Sportage?
    Last edited by albert_b; May 14th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Maybe it is because your thermostat is working. . . Once the temperature inside the cabin reaches a certain temperature, it will automatically shut the compressor off, leaving the blower fan to do the work. Basing upon your statements bro, i think your aircon is doing fine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would agree with Maz. its the thermostat imho. if you switch it to a higher setting, does it change?

OT: swerte ka pa nga at fabric yung seats mo. ako leathers. kaya pagpasok ko ng oto, its not just my thighs that burn. it includes my balls and my butt.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i would agree with Maz. its the thermostat imho. if you switch it to a higher setting, does it change?

OT: swerte ka pa nga at fabric yung seats mo. ako leathers. kaya pagpasok ko ng oto, its not just my thighs that burn. it includes my balls and my butt.
    :bwahaha:

sir its just normal .. baka yung thermostat mo is hindi nakalagay sa full kaya when it reaches a certain cabin temp it would automaticaly stop the supply of cold air ..

vlady - big diff ba pag fabric versus leather? sori po OT ..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    :bwahaha:

sir its just normal .. baka yung thermostat mo is hindi nakalagay sa full kaya when it reaches a certain cabin temp it would automaticaly stop the supply of cold air ..

vlady - big diff ba pag fabric versus leather? sori po OT ..
    OT: sa leather. nagaabsorb sya ng heat, sa fabric, dahil may underlying foam pa sya, parang yung heat is absorbed by the foam, hindi dun sa surface ng fabric mismo. kaya hard-boiled, ika nga.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    OT: sa leather. nagaabsorb sya ng heat, sa fabric, dahil may underlying foam pa sya, parang yung heat is absorbed by the foam, hindi dun sa surface ng fabric mismo. kaya hard-boiled, ika nga.
    OT: :bwahaha: lalo na sa motor ..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pero even if it's the thermostat working then it seems to be malfunctioning. Kasi mainit pa yung cabin eh namamatay na siya... hindi pa siya nice and cold kung baga :-)
    Last edited by albert_b; May 14th, 2008 at 06:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Todo mo thermostat. If you feel cold na, balik mo sa dating setting mo. Try lng.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    It's probably the thermostat settings. Mine is always set to max, kaya i never had that experience before. If I'm not mistaken the heater is functional in our
    units. Baka nag-aagawan. Also, ask your dealer about your problem, after all 3 yrs ang warranty niyan.

Share ko lang may different experience with the air-con. Napansin ko before na humihina ang lamig ng air con (50% difference compared nung bagong labas) at medyo maiingay ang buga ng hangin. So during the service period, i told the mechanic about my problem. The solution was simple. Tinanggal ang air filter ng aircon at nilinis, binalik and now it's back to normal. Buti na lang pinanuod ko how he removed the filter and now it's part of my personal maintenance.

Good luck on your unit

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Geren View Post
    It's probably the thermostat settings. Mine is always set to max, kaya i never had that experience before. If I'm not mistaken the heater is functional in our
    units. Baka nag-aagawan. Also, ask your dealer about your problem, after all 3 yrs ang warranty niyan.

Share ko lang may different experience with the air-con. Napansin ko before na humihina ang lamig ng air con (50% difference compared nung bagong labas) at medyo maiingay ang buga ng hangin. So during the service period, i told the mechanic about my problem. The solution was simple. Tinanggal ang air filter ng aircon at nilinis, binalik and now it's back to normal. Buti na lang pinanuod ko how he removed the filter and now it's part of my personal maintenance.

Good luck on your unit
    ganun din na experience humina din yung lamig ng aircon. so inayos na lang yung problem during my PMS pero not sure kung ano yung naging problem.
    ngayon mas malamig na yung aircon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
07 Sportage A/C Concern