New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sana makina ng sportivo parang dmax/alterra rin. para sulit ang 1.2m. hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Matibay naman yung Crosswind diba? I'm sure it will be able to withstand the added pressure of more powerful engines as long as it isn't to much. If jeepneys can take in 4JB1s and 4BC1s, I'm sure the Crosswind can too, and perhaps even more than that with some modification like suspension tweaks, etc. There are times when I see Crosswinds whose engine sounded a bit off from the standard 4JA1, more like that of a light truck's engine. I'm guessing its either an engine swap or an extremely poorly maintained engine.
    The chassis will definitely take the added weight and torque of some other engine...but what about handling? Can the suspension keep the car stable at high speeds? Braking? Are the brakes enough to stop such a large mass? What if the car crashes at high speed?

Just a scary thought...and when I hear rumors of Isuzu planning to install a CRDI on the Crosswind makes it even more scary and intriguing at the same time. The Crosswind doesn't need more power...just a better transmission and a softer rear suspension.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    The chassis will definitely take the added weight and torque of some other engine...but what about handling? Can the suspension keep the car stable at high speeds? Braking? Are the brakes enough to stop such a large mass? What if the car crashes at high speed?

Just a scary thought...and when I hear rumors of Isuzu planning to install a CRDI on the Crosswind makes it even more scary and intriguing at the same time. The Crosswind doesn't need more power...just a better transmission and a softer rear suspension.
    I think the transmission is enough, the engine may need a little more power. I have been driving vehicles with 4JA1 engines since the day I learned to drive.

Softer rear suspension? Crosswinds aren't sedans or like the starex. Mas gusto ko yung medyo stiff, kasi sa school, pag yung mga innova, starex, at mga kotse may sakay na seating capacity ang sagwa tignan, eh yung hi lander o crosswind parang pantay lang.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post

Ah yes, the handling, but then I'm sure some tweaks on the suspension settings or new shocks might do the trick. As for the braking, I'm sure the Crosswind will be able to take it, as it at least has front disc brakes, consider the jeepneys or trucks with 4BC1 or 4HF1 engines with drums all around, though I'm sure ABS would be very welcome. But then like I said before, it doesn't have to be an extremely powerful engine, one with a slightly higher displacement and perhaps an intercooler and turbo like the 4JB1-TC will do.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Mga sir, OT na tayo.
    :Off-Topic2:

Let's just make a new thread, isuzu crosswind/sportivo engine modification and or suggestions.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yung dating Sportivo (05 model) ko 110-115 kph lang talaga himala one time umabot ng 120 kph..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Mga sir, OT na tayo.
    :Off-Topic2:

Let's just make a new thread, isuzu crosswind/sportivo engine modification and or suggestions.
    Oops, got carried away, sorry 'bout that.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Oops, got carried away, sorry 'bout that.
    It's ok! Just a reminder! ^^ I got carried away (if you will be back reading)

Go guys! Post your fastest speed, I wonder what is Isuzu giga's top speed with out load.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Giga? Probably 130. I regularly see some of those doing more than 120...with an unloaded trailer. Crazy $hit.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    tried it sa nlex w/o load *120kph ung dumptruck kasi is low speed.. ung mga trailers matutulin kaya ata 140kph.. may nakita ako na turbo ang lupet ng tambutso nasa taas at 2 pa

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
your fastest speed [ISUZU vehicles]