New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Oo nga tsaka yunh adventure subukan mo rin, malay mo naman magustuhan mo yun

Imo mas maganda adventure vs crosswind

BTT: brand new ako. peace of mind at bragging rights na din hahaha

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac40 View Post
    Bro, kung ang decision mo ay kukuha ka ng brand new unit, I think mas maganda kung mag-test drive ka rin muna before you take the plunge. Goodluck!
    Nakapag try nakami yung sa kumpare ko, naka XT din sya dati bago nya binenta dahil nag migrate na sila. That was about 2 years ago. I didn't need a second car back then, kaya hindi ko pinag interesan.

Ok naman ang ride para sakin, kahit ma-vibrate at matagtag ng konti pag walang laman or isa ka lang sa sasakyan.

Dati kasi akong nag 4x4 every weekend nung buhay pa yung U.S. version Jimny ko kaya sanay na'ko sa less than smooth ride.

What I'm really looking at is durability and FC since ito yung gagamitin namin sa negosyo ni kumander.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Oo nga tsaka yunh adventure subukan mo rin, malay mo naman magustuhan mo yun

Imo mas maganda adventure vs crosswind

BTT: brand new ako. peace of mind at bragging rights na din hahaha
    No offense bros but my personal and also family experience with Mitsu units is very bad. Yung sa kapatid ko nasabak lang sa baha ng isang beses nasira na A/T nya. That was a Lancer GLX 07 model.

Yung sa amin naman dati, Pajero '01 model, nasunog na lang bigla ang wiring, stock yun ha, casa maintained.

Ewan ko, malas ata kami sa Mitsu cars.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Greetings to all, my first time to post here because I never had this dilemma before.

Here is the situation, I and the wifey agree that we need a second car because we need to go to Manila every once in while and we can't use my car (2010 Grand Vitara), all the time due to coding and high fuel consumption. So we are thinking of getting a Crosswind XT.

The dilemma is this, should we get a brand new XT, cash price PhP853K with all of the basic features OR we found a good used 2010 XT that has been upgraded with all of the bells and whistles of the Sportivo, head-rest monitors, HID headlights, JVC stereo/DVD/USB player, silver side view mirrors, keyless entry, etc. etc.

They are asking PhP700K for the used unit. Is it worth it? Odometer reading is 30K+ All casa maintained, with new tires and other enhancements.

Ano po pipiliin nyo sa dalawa??

Many thanks in advance for your honest and intelligent replies.
    i think that the price for the second hand cosmetically upgraded model is within the standards of the XWind depreciation.
    if i am to choose, i would get the second hand model. the price difference is still significant considering maliit naman ang kilometrahe and wala ka ng ipaapaganda pa.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i think that the price for the second hand cosmetically upgraded model is within the standards of the XWind depreciation.
    if i am to choose, i would get the second hand model. the price difference is still significant considering maliit naman ang kilometrahe and wala ka ng ipaapaganda pa.
    Thanks for the input happy_gilmore. I was also thinking the same thing which is why I was considering it.

I will certainly factor in all variables before making the final decision. I still have until the end of the month anyway.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    since gagamitin naman sa negosyo, buy a new one. anyway income earning naman sya so me return on investment. Even though 30K kms ang takbo ng 2nd hand Iba pa rin ang brand new. Tsaka sa dami ng upgrade you gotta ask yourself... was the upgrades done properly? especially the wirings...

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    since gagamitin naman sa negosyo, buy a new one. anyway income earning naman sya so me return on investment. Even though 30K kms ang takbo ng 2nd hand Iba pa rin ang brand new. Tsaka sa dami ng upgrade you gotta ask yourself... was the upgrades done properly? especially the wirings...
    Very good points blue_gambit. Thank you, I did not consider the upgrades as being potential problems since ang sabi sakin casa daw nag install with receipts. Anyway, leaning towards brand new na talaga kami.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Very good points blue_gambit. Thank you, I did not consider the upgrades as being potential problems since ang sabi sakin casa daw nag install with receipts. Anyway, leaning towards brand new na talaga kami.

Yung brand new nga nag kaka problema... yung intalls pa.. hehehe..

Check mo rin yung Advie, tingin ko mas bang for the buck yun kesa crosswind. although mas mababa nga lang FC.. pero since wife mo gagamit, I think she'll be more comfortable in the advie than the Crosswind.. both are reliable cars so wont go wrong with either given your requirements.

I've driven both for long periods especially out of town.. all I can say I'd rather have less vibration (Advie) over a small advantage in FC (crosswind). not to mention the seating configuration ng GLS sport vs. XT... Since they are evenly matched in price..

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks again bros. Nag check na kami sa mga dealers na mabilis namin mapuntahan, looking now for the best deal we can get.

More power to Tsikot.com and drive safe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks Niky and Gerbo.

Unfortunately, ayaw nya ibaba presyo, kesyo daw marami na sya upgrades na ginawa at all casa maintained, etc. etc.

It's actually 695K, pero take into consideration yung transfer, notary, macro-etching, etc.

You guys may wanna take a look here:

http://www.**************/index.php/...=crosswind+xti

Nagtataka lang ako bakit tinatawag pa nyang XTi, because of the upgrades? Alam ko discontinued na yung model na yun eh.

Meanwhile, kinukulit na'ko ng sales agent ng BMD, she said she can offer me a free keyless entry upgrade if I pay in cash up front.

Hmmm, watdoutink bros?
    Hi maybe you would be interested in an upgrade XTRM 2010 look, instead of getting the non-sporty model. here's the link.

http://www.**************/index.php/...ords=xtrm+2003,
    I personally know the owner of this Crosswind. Let me know I could refer you to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which would you choose? (new XT or used XT)