New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I dont think anybody buys the at variant, its too expensive. The sales figures are probably dominated by the more affordable manual variants..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It's only this year that sales have shifted towards fleet variants.

Most likely fleets stocking up in preparation of the Crosswind's demise.

Sales of XUV and Sportivo variants have been good these past two years.

-

You simply don't understand the psychology of Crosswind buyers. As Jut says: They buy it PRECISELY because of the low tech mechanical package.

Where else can you get a car with all the bells and whistles that will NOT be destroyed by wading through flood water, and whose mechanical injection engine will work even after a nuclear apocalypse?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    favorite ng asbu 💩

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hehe, few years ago dapat Sportivo bibilhin namin. Pero nabasa ko sa tsikot ang iba't ibang opinyon at mga suggestion na ibang unit na lang kunin since almost same price na siya as modern ones. Kaya 1 year nag antay kami buti mas okay na unit nakuha namin. Di ko pinagsisihan na di ako nag Sportivo Worst New Car Buy of 2017: Isuzu Crosswind X AT * 1.23M Pesos

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    and whose mechanical injection engine will work even after a nuclear apocalypse?
    unless the car is built primarily out of plastic, fiberglass or carbon fiber then yes. however most everyday cars are built of metal, which act as a Faraday cage that shields the electronics from the frying effects of an emp burst. also, almost all ecu are housed in a metal box which one use is for shielding the electronics from interference. even the car radio/hu will survive because of its metal case. the bcm probably will not survive as most have plastic cases. there will maybe some busted fuses due to the emp travelling through exposed wiring (from the lights). but as far as the engine ecu is concerned i think it will have a very good chance of surviving.
    Last edited by yebo; July 25th, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    All these talk about the Crosswind surviving a nuclear or EMP attack makes me think of cockroaches. They both spew crud when you "step on it".

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    All these talk about the Crosswind surviving a nuclear or EMP attack makes me think of cockroaches. They both spew crud when you "step on it".

BTT: To be fair sa Crosswind, it rode better and actually has a more spacious 2nd row than the previous Innova for me. The former I think is due to "flex ride" suspension and the latter must be due to the thinner door panel compared sa Innova.

Wala namang pagsisisi in our 6 year of ownership for the XTi to be honest. But I think tama na ding i-retire to move on to (better?) things ang Crosswind.
    Last edited by Sleepcare; July 25th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You can't blame people for coming up with their quirky choices or convince folks to do away with their undying loyalty to a certain brand.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    unless the car is built primarily out of plastic, fiberglass or carbon fiber then yes. however most everyday cars are built of metal, which act as a Faraday cage that shields the electronics from the frying effects of an emp burst. also, almost all ecu are housed in a metal box which one use is for shielding the electronics from interference. even the car radio/hu will survive because of its metal case. the bcm probably will not survive as most have plastic cases. there will maybe some busted fuses due to the emp travelling through exposed wiring (from the lights). but as far as the engine ecu is concerned i think it will have a very good chance of surviving.
    There's some debate over that.

It is likely that an ECU inside the passenger cabin will survive. How well-hardened the sensors in the engine bay are is up for debate. Probably a 50/50 chance of temporarily stopping. A good chance of a blown fuse or two or maybe fried sensors/actuators if you're within a certain distance of the blast.

-

Of course, beyond nuclear blasts, the old diesel is relatively flood proof. I've driven Crosswinds with dead batteries and/or alternators... no instrumentation... no dashboard or radio... but still keeps on chugging.

-

Honestly, they're horrible, horrible cars. But yes, I would own one again if I could my hands on a good one at a decent price.

As it is, secondhand prices are just too high for me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    di kaya mag garage sale sila sa December? di na pwede sa 2018 ang crosswind. or baka parts out nalang nila, baklasin ng buo.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    What bothers me the most is the lack of safety feats which should be standard already.

Tapos every year nababawasan pa ng ilang accessories like the projector headlamps, DRLs, LED tail lamps, etc unlike the Adventure na recently lang nadagdagan na din ng DRLs, LED tail lamps, 2-DIN HU, etc. Mapapansin mo lang if you follow the Crosswind's timeline.

I know how tough the 4JA1 is because our trusty old Hi-Lander once had a water pump problem that caused the radiator coolant to mix with oil. Tumatakbo pa but obviously tumataas temp.

I have no problems with the Crosswind's back-to-basics technology, as long as they price it right. Kung ma retrofit man nila yung non VGS 4JK1 used in the base model D-Max, add ABS and airbags kahit paano makakasabay pa siguro siya sa Innova despite its age. Opinion lang. ☺

Sent from my E6683 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast