New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The flares do allow you to put wider tires without worrying so much about stones or debris they might kick up. The body cladding on my rig also protects it from parking lot dings and dents. hehehe.

Easy to repair pa compared to crunched metal.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by CZintrclr
    My wife's cousin just bought a brand new Trooper V6 at Subic. kakilala nya kasi ang isa sa mga importers doon. And may dumating early this year mga 12 units all brand new, original left hand drive pero walang flarings, mags and stereo. Pero the price ...... 1M only.
    Nagpakabit sya ng 17"mags and palagay ng flarings which costs less than 100thousand.
    Imagine a brand new trooper V6 for 1M only.

meron pa kaya nito?

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Current 4x2 Troopers still have the CDI diesel but are now just dressed-up Barbie dolls with leather, entertainment systems and sunroofs. They are mere shadows of their tough former selves and not worthy of comparison to the Troopers that compete in the gruelling yearly Isuzu Challenge.
    Whatta flame!..........

What is/are being compared to the current (3.0L common-rail direct-injection TDI) 4x2 Troopers? A 4x4 version of the current 4x2 model? This is a comparison between an apple and an orange! Nevertheless, it should be noted the main difference between the 4x2 and 4x4, 3.0L TDI is only in the power train; specifically, in the absence of 4wd facilities in the 4x2 version. You still have the same 160 hp brute powering the elegant Trooper.

Do you want to compare the current 3.0L TDI with the 3.2L or the 3.1L of yesteryears? No comparison man, hands-down, the current 4x2 Trooper, licks these old brethren in all departments, except in 4wd capability. It is like comparing a beetle with the phaeton.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by ondoy
    Whatta flame!..........

Nevertheless, it should be noted the main difference between the 4x2 and 4x4, 3.0L TDI is only in the power train; specifically, in the absence of 4wd facilities in the 4x2 version. You still have the same 160 hp brute powering the elegant Trooper.

Do you want to compare the current 3.0L TDI with the 3.2L or the 3.1L of yesteryears? No comparison man, hands-down, the current 4x2 Trooper, licks these old brethren in all departments, except in 4wd capability. It is like comparing a beetle with the phaeton.
    Actually the main difference is between the 99 3.0 4x4 Trooper and the current 4x2 variant is the drivetrain. Using the term powertrain includes the engine.

My analogy is correct and it's not like comparing the Beetle and the Phaeton. The Beetle and the Phaeton are totally different animals that don't share platforms and aren't close in price.

The 4x2 and 4x4 Trooper is comparable since they platform share and the 4x2 version lacks a transfer case, front drivetrain and 4wd module.

The current Trooper is comparable to Troopers from the mid-90s and later since a platform change hasn't been made. The major changes have only been made in the powertrain and drivetrain department and they include: the 3.5L 230hp V6 in 98 (or 97), the use of the Borg-Warner Torque-On-Demand (TOD) 4wd system with full-time capability and the remarkable 3.0L common-rail diesel. Some Troopers may have began to use a version of the Dana 44 in the late-late 90s. There have also been suspension damping revisions.

On the otherhand, the Phil spec Trooper lost its 4x4 drivetrain and never received the excellent TOD system. Compared to a 98 Trooper with the 3.2L DOHC V6 with 205hp, 4x4, 4-wheel disks and ABS-- the current 4x2 Trooper isn't any better and its only saving grace is its excellent diesel engine. What department is the 98 Trooper inferior to the current 4x2 Trooper except mostly in aesthetics? Sure you may find some but mechanically they are very similar. Same platform, wheelbase, suspension design, axle ratio and braking system.

If you're going to argue based on aesthetics then sure-- the current Trooper is better dressed than its older siblings.

No flames... Just the facts...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Of course the 99 4x4 Trooper with the dohc 3.0 CDI is the best since you get the excellent diesel engine without loss of 4wd...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Redhorse, wala na nga daw eh. mga 10 units lang daw ang dumating sa subic. less than 2 weeks sold out daw agad lahat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, the TOD system came out locally just before the idiotic taxes on 4x4's came to light. I test drove ser otomatic's and Boy2's TOD equipped Trooper in their hacienda after we came down from Hi-Peak. Sarap i-drive! hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Kakatawa nga ang isuzu. Yung body ng 92 (UBS 69) up is basically the same as yung sa bago ngayon. Syempre mas maganda yung bago coz iba na yung front part. Bwisit din yung tax na yan coz nawala yung 4x4 function nya. Sana at 1.5M fully loaded talaga. Bilis talaga nung 4JX1. Had the chance to play a little game sa SLEX with my Honda Civic na naka d15B (130hp) and humahabol siya talaga. Yung 4jG2 ko nga masaya nako so I guess the 4Jx1 is really something. Sana lang talaga fully loaded na sa price that they are selling it here. Gusto ko yung mga 99 na 4x4 na may bumper mounted na tail lights and Euro yung mga park lights. Ganda nun especially the black.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by garyq
    Kakatawa nga ang isuzu. Yung body ng 92 (UBS 69) up is basically the same as yung sa bago ngayon. Syempre mas maganda yung bago coz iba na yung front part. Bwisit din yung tax na yan coz nawala yung 4x4 function nya. Sana at 1.5M fully loaded talaga.
    True... And this is what I've been saying... The Trooper platform hasn't really changed much in 10 years...

However, I compared the current Trooper to a mid-90's model because this was the point when 4-wheel disks became standard and the rear suspension moved from leafs to multi-link coils.

The Trooper is a tough and reliable 4x4 that is popular in countries like Israel and has proven itself in harsh conditions-- including the Australian Outback.

We have a 97 equipped with the sohc V6... It has seen a lot of the Sierra Madres and was reliable in the Cordilleras.

Yes, P1.3-1.5M would be the reasonable price for a V6 or common-rail diesel equipped 4x4 variant...

Removing its 4x4 system just castrates it.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Is there a big difference between SOHC and DOHC? Yung sa akin 98 3.2 v6 SOHC. If DOHC is an improvement over SOHC, what has changed then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Why I don't see any Isuzu Trooper V6 around