New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Hi everyone,

I traded my Pajero 96 for a 98 Trooper V6 3.2, though I have to shell out some cash. Mas smooth siya at powerful. Pero malakas din sa gas.

Bakit wala akong nakikitang Trooper na V6 gasoline edition sa kalsada? Totoo bang locally manufactured ito. Was there a year in which Isuzu made these tapos hindi na tinuloy ang production? Bakit? May problema kaya ang engine na to?

Sorry for the many questions. Nagtataka lang talaga ako. At minsan nababahala din. But this is not to say that I am not satisfied with my purchase. Most troopers are Turbo Diesels kasi.

Any satisfied (or dissatisfied) Trooper V6 owners in this forum?

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    diba imported yun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakaroon ng locally produced ng gas V6 ang trooper dati. don't know why it was discontinued.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahina ang benta nito that time. Yung mga local na Trooper V6 ay yung 177 bhp SOHC version. Sa ibang markets lumabas yung 190 bhp at 215 bhp na DOHC engine.

Saka, Isuzu is pushing for diesel supremacy kaya medyo out of place sa local line up ang gasoline engine.

May cruise control ito. Pero otherwise, very basic lang siya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba matigas ang steering?

yon kasi ang inayawan ng friend ko, that was 1998.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i own one ok naman siya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as far as i know, it was back in 1996 when isuzu brought in CBU units of the trooper. 3.2 v6 gasoline engine. there were few who bought the gas-powered troopers, but eventually it was discounted for the reason mentioned by otep. a diesel engine is more preferred bymost pinoys even up to now. how can u tell that the trooper you see on the street is a gas-powered one? look for the "v6" emblem on the left & right fender. you should also notice that they are not equipped with hood scoops.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    3.2 V6 gas-powered Troopers were available from Phil dealers from 97 to 98. The 97s have the 3.2 sohc V6 rated at 177hp while the 98s received the 3.2 dohc V6 rated at 205hp. A few may have been available as late as 99.

The dealer available 98 3.2 dohc V6 Troopers while have a dash switch or knob to engage 4wd instead of floor mounted lever. While the 3.2 sohc V6 models have disk brakes, the dohc versions (mostly 98s) have the additional benefit of ABS. On the outside, dohc versions will have a badge to indicate this and will have honey-comb or mesh design wheels.

Local 97-98 V6 gas Troopers are close in spec (but not exact) to 94-96 U.S. models but aren't equipped with cat converters and O2 sensors.

Transmission for these V6 gas units is the GM 4L30.

Final drive is 4.56 and the rear diff is equipped with a limited-slip. LSD is standard on Phil models but optional for the U.S. market.

In 97 or 98 U.S. spec Troopers received the 230hp 3.5L V6 and full-time capable Torque-On-Demand transfer case while Phil units remained with the 3.2 sohc/dohc and part-time t-case.

The best Phil spec Troopers are the 98 dohc 4x4s and the 99-00 160hp common-rail direct-injected 3L 16-valve diesel 4x4 units.

Current 4x2 Troopers still have the CDI diesel but are now just dressed-up Barbie dolls with leather, entertainment systems and sunroofs. They are mere shadows of their tough former selves and not worthy of comparison to the Troopers that compete in the gruelling yearly Isuzu Challenge.

http://images.maariv.co.il/images/is...t_rashi_e.html

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My wife's cousin just bought a brand new Trooper V6 at Subic. kakilala nya kasi ang isa sa mga importers doon. And may dumating early this year mga 12 units all brand new, original left hand drive pero walang flarings, mags and stereo. Pero the price ...... 1M only.
    Nagpakabit sya ng 17"mags and palagay ng flarings which costs less than 100thousand.
    Imagine a brand new trooper V6 for 1M only.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Interesting... Are these Troopers equipped with the 3.5 or 3.2?

I understand alloy wheels and stereos but flarings are mere garnishes that don't serve a purpose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Why I don't see any Isuzu Trooper V6 around