New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    gud day po mga sir meron na po nkagamit dito ng Oil Catch can in any brand po meron po bang epekto sa engine from its advertise kasi effective daw pra mabawasan ung smoke sa tail pipe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IsuzuSL2000 View Post
    gud day po mga sir meron na po nkagamit dito ng Oil Catch can in any brand po meron po bang epekto sa engine from its advertise kasi effective daw pra mabawasan ung smoke sa tail pipe
    DIY lang sa kin.

Yung explanation naman kung bakit supposed to be mag lessen yung usok, kasi if walang catch can, at medyo meron ng mataas na percent blowby yung engine, tendency is maraming engine oil ang nahahalo dun sa intake, so aside sa air and fuel mixture, merong kang engine oil + air + fuel mixture, so yung pagkasunong ng fuel, medyo marumi. Kung meron kang catch can, mawawala yung engine oil mixture mo, so sakto lang na air and fuel. Just my opinion though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IsuzuSL2000 View Post
    DIY lang sa kin.

Yung explanation naman kung bakit supposed to be mag lessen yung usok, kasi if walang catch can, at medyo meron ng mataas na percent blowby yung engine, tendency is maraming engine oil ang nahahalo dun sa intake, so aside sa air and fuel mixture, merong kang engine oil + air + fuel mixture, so yung pagkasunong ng fuel, medyo marumi. Kung meron kang catch can, mawawala yung engine oil mixture mo, so sakto lang na air and fuel. Just my opinion though.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    new and old engines have "blow-by" gases emitted. imagine how fast the engine internals are moving especially the crank shaft, con-rods etc.. they move so fast oil splashing inside engine creating mists of oil. the oil mists mix with air inside the engine thru the crank case vent that is connected to the valve area, the valve cover then have a vent that goes to the intake to recycle the blow-by gases before going to the exhaust. in between the valve vent and intake where the oil catch can is installed to filter the oil mist.

in my oil catch can, i placed a metal scrubber inside the can that will trap the oil mist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

new and old engines have "blow-by" gases emitted. imagine how fast the engine internals are moving especially the crank shaft, con-rods etc.. they move so fast oil splashing inside engine creating mists of oil. the oil mists mix with air inside the engine thru the crank case vent that is connected to the valve area, the valve cover then have a vent that goes to the intake to recycle the blow-by gases before going to the exhaust. in between the valve vent and intake where the oil catch can is installed to filter the oil mist.

in my oil catch can, i placed a metal scrubber inside the can that will trap the oil mist.