New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    a more powerful engine pref the 4JJ1-TC i-TEQ Common Rail Direct Injection Diesel with Turbo Intercooler, refined suspension and could withstand this weight, re-designed rear a/c vents, 3 Pts. ELR 2nd row seatbelts and a 4X4 option. pwedeng pwede na sumabay sa mga critics.
    Sir, looks like a Trooper resurrected for me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah i have no choice really... since they still don't have 2.5 common rail direct injection system available which would definitely be perfect for the sportivo's weight and frame. seriously, if only they give options for 4JJ1-TC, bebenta lalo ito kahit matagtag.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Don't know why Crosswinds cost so much when they lack a lot of what we'd normally find standard on other vehicles today, and especially since their engines are not even the new ones. Gov't taxes nga ba ng AUV ang malaking portion ng price?

and also don't know why many people choose this pricey thing over newer and more comfortable vehicles.

kung gusto nila yung toughness ng old school diesels, mag Adventure na lang sila. mas mura, more refined at mas malakas pa engine pick-up.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ooops! OT na pala.

of course, to justify its price, all you guys said are needed. kaya lang sobra sobra naman yata yon.

puwede ring gumawa na lang sila ng all new model. as in ALL-NEW ha, hindi yung katulad lang ng sa mga advertisment na "all-new".

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sir ito bang ibig sabihin nyo "Adventure" at "all new model"

Meet the the Isuzu Adventure Master:

Just check on this: http://www.freewebs.com/isuzuforever/

BTW, there's an old thread here on this:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3844

It pre-dates the Alterra. Seems to be not the same vehicle.

Sportivo to Adventure Master = seems not bad from a marketing standpoint.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... there are some good reasons to pick one.

With a new CRDi, if you get dirty diesel or diesel contaminated with water, at best, you can expect hesitation, stalling, "limp" mode and the necessity of a fuel filter replacement. At worst, you can expect a costly fuel pump assembly replacement.

With a Crosswind? Just clean out the water separator, blow whatever is left in the diesel out the exhaust, and you're on your way...

And since the current one is EuroII... at least it's not as polluting as the old ones.

I don't mind the lack of power on a people carrier... but the absolutely ancient chassis really has to go... or at least modernized with high tensile strength steels on certain members and ladder frame reinforcements.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... there are some good reasons to pick one.

With a new CRDi, if you get dirty diesel or diesel contaminated with water, at best, you can expect hesitation, stalling, "limp" mode and the necessity of a fuel filter replacement. At worst, you can expect a costly fuel pump assembly replacement.

With a Crosswind? Just clean out the water separator, blow whatever is left in the diesel out the exhaust, and you're on your way...

And since the current one is EuroII... at least it's not as polluting as the old ones.

I don't mind the lack of power on a people carrier... but the absolutely ancient chassis really has to go... or at least modernized with high tensile strength steels on certain members and ladder frame reinforcements.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ....With a Crosswind? Just clean out the water separator, blow whatever is left in the diesel out the exhaust, and you're on your way...
    Yessiree....a CRDI powerplant may not be needed in an AUV. This is the reason the Crosswind is still selling particularly in the countryside.

You're indeed correct...with a chassis and frame that feels like a glorified jeepney..it's definitely time for an upgrade. Nevermind if it sells at 700 thousand but for a million bucks?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For me added safety features, not the added backup camera or whatever sensor they'll put in. ABS, EBD 3pt seatbelt on the middle row seat would be an excellent safety feature..

I have a crosswind it can still run up to 140km/h problem is the engine is too noisy at this speed, not to mention the vibration you'll feel while running, if they can do something about that perhaps it will be an excellent choice for a people carrier.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Panoramic Sun roof naman sa next model hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What the Sportivo should have to justify its CURRENT price?