New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For the good points, Isuzu makes some of the most durable and fuel efficient diesels in the country. It would be hard to find an engine of another brand that can take in more mileage than these. They are very generous when it comes to entertainment systems, even in their trucks. Also, they give the most number of variants. For example, it is pretty hard to find an SUV variant with a 3.0L engine, RWD drivetrain and a manual transmission.

But then, Isuzu used to be on the forefront of diesel technology, being the first to introduce commonrail technology to the Philippine market and have direct injected diesel engines across their whole range of vehicles. But today, they have not improved from that point. There hasn't been a single all new model since the Alterra came out in 2005, and it has also been this long that they haven't brought out a new engine since the 4JJ1-TC that came with it. They overpriced the Crosswind (can't say the same about the Alterra and D-Max) like it was made of gold even though it doesn't have any safety features besides seatbelts, has a nonexistent crash structure, an engine that can be heard from a mile away and yet runs like the snails of automobiles.

I hope that they will introduce a proper SUV that can really succeed the Trooper, and not an ASEAN only pickup with an extended roofline. An SUV with 4 wheel disc brakes, independent suspension fore and aft and a thoroughly modern drivetrain.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung engine kaya ng Alterra and engine ng Crosswind magkasinglevel when it comes to durability and longevity?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yung engine kaya ng Alterra and engine ng Crosswind magkasinglevel when it comes to durability and longevity?
    Hmm~ Si bro hinDMaxsiado dapat ang may sagot diyan. Todong paggamit niya sa 4JJ1 engine, and he was head over heels in love in it. So I should conclude that the 4JJ1 is indeed a good, long serving engine. Pero may Alterra or 4JJ1 D-Max owner na nakalog ng over 150000kms?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kasi ISUZU. alam mo naman ang pinoy... ang Isuzu na sasakyan ay parang Sony na TV

that's the power of branding
    Pero looking at it, yung paniniwalang basta ISUZU e matibay, totoo naman eh, there is no need to change anything about it, eto naman number one criteria mo when your looking for a car. Magtaka tayo kung bili ng bili ng sasakyan mga Pinoy kahit na marupok naman.

Tapos di ka naman bibili ng Isuzu kung pangkakarera mo naman, tapos at the end of the day magcocomplain ka, bakit ang bagal... edi dapat bumili ka nalang ng coupe kung gusto mo ng speed.

Look at Nissan, tingin ng mga Pinoy dito mahal maintenance, mahirap pyesa, madali masira, eto sa tingin ko dapat baguhin ng Nissan by improving their "branding" or units.

Just look at the resale value of any car, Ito palang basehan na kung maganda branding ng unit mo . Kaya tingin ko kaya di in-improve ng Isuzu units nila in terms of safety and technology because there is no need, kasi may market pa din e.
    Just my 2 cents po...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Isuzu Phil. wouldn't get so much flak if it weren't for their prices.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    Isuzu Phil. wouldn't get so much flak if it weren't for their prices.
    And relative slow improvement in vehicle introduction here.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i believed that isuzu is

SUBOK NA MATIBAY,SUBOK NA MATATAG!!!!!

i also believed that isuzu is

SUBOK NA MABAGAL,
    SUBOK NA MATAGTAG!!!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kasi ISUZU. alam mo naman ang pinoy... ang Isuzu na sasakyan ay parang Sony na TV

that's the power of branding
    Backward minded hahaha

Tignan mo even Sony TV's suck now compared to Samsung. Hyundai is the car equivalent of Samsung.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    ^ Meron, hanap ka na Isuzu Gemini. Luma nga lang.
    Some americans still keep their diesel chevette (Gemini U.S. version) in their garage and still in good running condition.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cnxpr08 View Post
    i believed that isuzu is

SUBOK NA MATIBAY,SUBOK NA MATATAG!!!!!

i also believed that isuzu is

SUBOK NA MABAGAL,
    SUBOK NA MATAGTAG!!!

Let me add

SUBOK NA MAUSOK!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
what can you say about ISUZU PHIL. TODAY??? :nonono: