New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I own an XUV model 2002. After a year (2003) of use, the water in fuel indicator would light up every time it rains and I am on the road. I would pull over and bleed the diesel. I complained about this at Isuzu Pasig along C5 (where I bought the vehicle). They told me that the water came from the station where I filled up.

I told them how come I always fill up in the same station but there is no evidence of water contamination complain from other customers. I was not satisfied with their reply and kept on asking other XUV owners.

Then I came upon a sales personnel at the Isuzu Sales office at SM Dasmarinas, sometime late 2004. He told me that they encountered 5 such cases.

He advised me to bring the XUV at their showroom/service center at Alabang. Since I live in Cainta he (I lost his calling card) advised me to ask Isuzu Pasig to call him the next time I have my vehicle serviced so he can tell the technician where to look for and solve the problem.

I had my vehicle serviced about mid-2005 for the 40,000km checkup and told Isuzu Pasig the problem again and gave the card of the Isuzu personnel from Cavite. I don't know if they called him. They did not give me any explanation either. I was just told that there was contamination and they bleed my system and put in new fuel.

After the 40,000 KM service at Isuzu Pasig I have not experienced the problem since the rainy season was ending and the summer season came.

The rainy season is now here and I am worried again.

Is there anyone else who has encountered this problem?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not yet... baka bad batch of fuel tanks? The only explanation I can think of is that the fuel filler cap might be defective or loose, thus allowing moisture in... then, as it rains, the fuel tank gets cold, and the moisture condenses...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede bang lagyan ng water separator ang fuel line?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Diesel vehicles do have a water separator. When the Water Separator Indicator goes ON, I would pull over (usually into a gasoline station) and bleed the water.

I don't know if the high-end cars like the BMW or Benz have an automatic water separator.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dati isuzu pick-up pa gamit ko..

pag dumadaan lang ako sa may baha saka lang umiilaw..

tapos pag lumagpas na sa tubig namamatay na rin ung ilaw..

siguro madaling pasukan ng tubig ung fuel line?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    pwede bang lagyan ng water separator ang fuel line?
    sir all crosswind model available water seperator

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahem ... been there.

nakaka bad trip talaga yan problem. i use my crosswind everyday. during rainy season i have to bleed the water separator, after a few kms ayan nanaman may tubig nanaman. been to isuzu, sabi sa akin sa gas station daw may problem yan. ano yon? may problem tuwing tag ulan lang? i filled up my tank on a sunny day pero pag umulan na ayan na may tubig na water separator.

ang ginawa ko. right rear tire. its where the fuel opening is located. look underneath the wheel well and follow the pipes. you will see a connecting pipes secured by a hose clip (or hose coupling ba tawag don?) the water seeps thru the two connecting pipes. what i did, get some plastic n tirador rubber band. balutin mo muna ng plastic then balutin mo ng rubber band the two pipes. now water wont seep it.

tried and tested.

ps. napaka bobo talaga ng mga isuzu at kelangan ko pa gawan ng paraan to.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow! Good tip!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i still remember ...

lakas ng ulan, i get down, open hood, get my hands dirty trying to open the drain of the water separator, ayaw mag open... un pala pahigpit ang gawa ko! bad trip. ayaw tuloy lumuwag kasi nahigpitan ko na. gets pliers and try to use them on a very tight and small area just to turn the drain plug again.

pag balik ko sa kotse, amoy krudo ako. basang basa ako.
    run a few kms then ayan nanaman. back to square one.

it took me lots of thinking kung san ba talaga nanggagaling ung tubig. lintek dun lang pala sa pipes. after ko binalot ayos na agad. never encounted the problem again.

dum dumb isuzu

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i never encountered that... wag naman sana ngayon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Water Seepage in Fuel system in XUV when it rains