New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It's my first time to own a diesel type of ride. I am wondering since I bought my TFR last april, very seldom akong naglalagay ng tubig sa radiator. Usually ang reserve ok din.

ok naman po ang temp ng ride ko since I got it. kung magdagdag pa ako parang 1/4 na baso lang ng tubig.

should I worry about this or may problem? Thanks sa replies

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    As what you said there is nothing to worry if the radiator water is always full and no problem in overheating . Your good to go meaning to say your cooling system work properly.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    It's my first time to own a diesel type of ride. I am wondering since I bought my TFR last april, very seldom akong naglalagay ng tubig sa radiator. Usually ang reserve ok din.

ok naman po ang temp ng ride ko since I got it. kung magdagdag pa ako parang 1/4 na baso lang ng tubig.

That is exactly what a GOOD WORKING Cooling system should do. Its should maintain the normal "working" temperature of the engine & at the same time minimal top up of water. Since the cooling system of the car is a "close system" it follows that you dont lose water because water just circulates within the engine, hoses & radiator.
    BTW, dont fill up that reservoir to the brim. There's a "FULL" level (indicated by a horizontal line in the reservoir) to maintain. In excess of that level, the water in the reservoir will not flow to the radiator when requied.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hehehe nothing to worry that only means it is working well

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004

just like the others who posted here..if its working well, you shouldn't even add any water at all.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

bro kung sabihin ko ba sau na 3-4 years hindi kami naglagay ni isang patak ng tubig sa radiator ng advie namin nung bagong-bago ito nung 2002 siguro mapapalagay ka na hehe. ayun ang magandang cooling system yung hindi nagbabawas.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if your cooling system is ok, di na talaga kelangan always maglagay ng water sa radiator. just check your water/coolant once in a while para malaman ang level nito at maiwasan ang possible overheating.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Your car is fine.

Water-cooling on automobiles is a closed-loop system and re-filling is automatic as long as your radiator cap is good.

Vacuum produced after engine is turned-off (due to water compression)sips the water from the reservoir, so reservoir level indicates if you need to add water/coolant.

Also good practice is to replace (drain and re-fill) your radiator water/coolant every after 20k kms.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    bro kung sabihin ko ba sau na 3-4 years hindi kami naglagay ni isang patak ng tubig sa radiator ng advie namin nung bagong-bago ito nung 2002 siguro mapapalagay ka na hehe. ayun ang magandang cooling system yung hindi nagbabawas.
    3-4 years? Meaning you didnt do anything. Did you you know that coolant must replace once year as previntive maintenance?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    3-4 years? Meaning you didnt do anything. Did you you know that coolant must replace once year as previntive maintenance?
    yup literally as in wala. Clear green coolant pa rin naman kahit 3-4 years na. Nung mga 4 years - present ayun nagdadagdag na ako ng tubig.

OT: Well for the first time, nagflush ako ng radiator last week lang simula nung nakuha namin itong Advie.

Back to the topic, talagang natural lang na hindi dapat magbawas ng tubig kaagad yung radiator dahil brand new pa ang auto, dahil kung ito ay nagbabawas na ang masasabi ko lang dito ay isang malaking .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Water sa Radiator hindi nagbabawas