New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, my dad is considering on getting the Unichip for our Trooper. What do you think? Has anyone among us ever done something like it before? What are the risks, problems, gains that comes from it? Is it a worthwhile purchase?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Guys, my dad is considering on getting the Unichip for our Trooper. What do you think? Has anyone among us ever done something like it before? What are the risks, problems, gains that comes from it? Is it a worthwhile purchase?
    I would not risk it on a 4JX-1. As unichip alters fuel/injector timing you would definitely see increased injector flow duty rates and combustion temperatures/pressures something that the 4JX-1's problematic injector o-ring seals already have difficulty dealing with under normal OEM specs.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi GTi, are you the same "GTi" member at TopGear Philippines website?

Have you heard of the Berrima Diesel in Mandaluyong? Maybe they can advise you on their own DPChip diesel EFI-tuner; said to be located in the downstream of the ECU in a "slave-position" so it does not interfere anything upstream of the ECU.

They also do dynamometer and exhaust temperature reading to check which of the 9-level pre-programmed setting is appropriate for your diesel. It is also programmable according to the Berrima website. Ballpark peak gains are 25% more on the power and 35% more on the torque.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Hi GTi, are you the same "GTi" member at TopGear Philippines website?

Have you heard of the Berrima Diesel in Mandaluyong? Maybe they can advise you on their own DPChip diesel EFI-tuner; said to be located in the downstream of the ECU in a "slave-position" so it does not interfere anything upstream of the ECU.

They also do dynamometer and exhaust temperature reading to check which of the 9-level pre-programmed setting is appropriate for your diesel. It is also programmable according to the Berrima website. Ballpark peak gains are 25% more on the power and 35% more on the torque.
    Yes, that's me! I use this name in all automotive forums that I participate in.

If I'm not mistaken, the DPChip is significantly more expensive than the Unichip. Is it very much different from the Unichip ba? And Speedlab is a lot nearer kasi eh. Its rather inconvenient to be going to Mandaluyong.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Yes, that's me! I use this name in all automotive forums that I participate in.

If I'm not mistaken, the DPChip is significantly more expensive than the Unichip. Is it very much different from the Unichip ba? And Speedlab is a lot nearer kasi eh. Its rather inconvenient to be going to Mandaluyong.

Yes and Rolex significantly more expensive than a Swatch. I guess you get what you pay for . Mandaluyong is convenient if you live nearby so I guess it all depends where you live.

Unichip for Isuzu Trooper 4JX1-TC