New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga Peepz, I'm planning to buy new tires kaso medyo low budget ako ngayun. i found out this westlake tires sp06 205-65-15 (98h/t ung load index and speed rating). Anybody here tried this tires before? can you give some feedback on this? they're saying its china. pwde nyo check tong link http://www.westlaketire.com/car-and-minivan/84-sp06#. thanks much..

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maganda naman ang feedback sa Westlake... ng mga dealer at manufacturer

Personally I prefer Indonesian made tyres like Neuton and GT

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jayghost213 View Post
    Mga Peepz, I'm planning to buy new tires kaso medyo low budget ako ngayun.
    How about Nankang. I believe they even have better reviews vs. Westlake. What I am unsure is if they have 15" tires. Check this link to know your options: ::::NANKANG::::

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Ako rin I will go with Nankang (taiwan brand) over Westlake. Have you considered KENDA, heard good reviews too.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    After a week of askin about this issue from the net and from P.Tuazon tire sellers... My nakita nanaman akong brands... Federal(taiwan) and Duro.. they have good feedback online pero my main concern is kung pwede sa crosswindXT itong mga brands na mga toh... Some of them are from china and Taiwan and some are not really that famous. ang gsto ko lang eh yun ndi ako masasabugan ng gulong or masayang lng ang pera ko na kayhirap ipunin and i'm also considering the price.. small budget lng kc ako.. city drive lng nmn ako normally and minsan lng sa provinsya. ayaw ko nga paabutin sa 100+ ung takbo ko pag asa expressway... I need your help guys please

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    To aid those who would like to help you, how much is your "limited budget"?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    To aid those who would like to help you, how much is your "limited budget"?
    It would be 3,200 per tire. I'll also have to replace all balljoints(555) and tierods(555) and camber alignment too kya medyo cant afford na ung more than 3,200 per tire. Nga pla 4pcs ba ang tierod(2xinner and 2xouter?)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jayghost213 View Post
    Nga pla 4pcs ba ang tierod(2xinner and 2xouter?)
    Tierods are only located in front. Nope, 2 pcs only. Left and right.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I’m currently on budget tires, not Westlake but Sumitomo HTR200-Made in Japan with Load/speed rating of 94H. In 5 months of use, they have been great dry/rain tires so far. There’s some flex on cornering due to its soft sidewall but this is solved by increasing the tire pressure to 39 psi… other than that these are good tires for the price. I bought them 2.9k before, Someone in Sulit is selling them at 2.8k each now.

205-65-15 Brandnew Sumitomo (Japan) Tires for 2.8K only! Philippines - 3277169

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by doo View Post
    Sumitomo HTR200-Made in Japan with Load/speed rating of 94H. In 5 months of use, they have been great dry/rain tires so far. There’s some flex on cornering due to its soft sidewall but this is solved by increasing the tire pressure to 39 psi… other than that these are good tires for the price. I bought them 2.9k before, Someone in Sulit is selling them at 2.8k each now.

205-65-15 Brandnew Sumitomo (Japan) Tires for 2.8K only! Philippines - 3277169
    +1 on Sumitomo tires. Underated by very good reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trying to look for a different tire brand for my crosswind