New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    just recently on cold start my engine's rpm falls and until it dies out.

this happens on inclined parking. ano kaya nangyari? I replaced the filters and

bled the sedimenter. if I use the choke to increase rpm or step on the pedal hindi

ayos na siya and if mainit na engine. anyone experience this?

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    When we drove my uncle's 2012 IPV to Baguio once, when I tried starting it during the cold early mornings, it would crank and then die out. But it would start successfully when I stepped on the accelerator while starting on the second try, and it would be fine for the rest of the day. This was never replicated in Metro Manila.

Is it cold in your area? If it was something that never happened to you during this time in the previous years perhaps you can check if your glow plugs are functioning properly, and/or if your fuel filter needs replacing.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    oxygen levels are lower in elevated areas. it could be the throttle body or some sensors..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    There are no CHOKES for diesel engines.

If your chariot was produced after 1995, have it scanned for DTCs.
    If your vehicle is older than 3 y.o. or had some experience on the road, have the CTS ( coolant temperature sensor) tested and analyzed. The CTS sensing tip might have accumulated calcium build up insulating it.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; December 29th, 2017 at 06:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    its not that cold just the usual december morning. before when i went to bagiuo a couple of times, i had no problem.

just recently idle on start up is around 500rpm and dies when on the inclined but if i step on the gas or increase the choke knob

its gonna be fine and after running it for sometime idle will be normal at 800rpm. my ride is isuzu crosswind.

might also be the idle up valve. anyone experience this on their diesel engine?

thank you

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I wonder why engine dies on the inclined at low rpm on start up. on flat roads even at 500rpm engine runs continuously.

my ride is well maintained I changed oil even less than 5000 kms and change the filters every year.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    I wonder why engine dies on the inclined at low rpm on start up. on flat roads even at 500rpm engine runs continuously.

my ride is well maintained I changed oil even less than 5000 kms and change the filters every year.
    dirty in-tank filter? (that is, if you have one.)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why does your car idle at just 500rpm? Typical idle would be 700rpm or so.

Back then when our Revo diesel had a defective idle up, the rpm merely does not raise when the AC compressor is engaged, but it does not lead to abnormally low idling.

Many people neglect checking the fuel filter when doing vehicle maintenance. A few weeks ago, our Santa Fe was experiencing hard starting with very long cranks during early mornings, but no more problems for the whole day after that. I was expecting a defective fuel pump, but replacing the fuel filter (despite it being replaced just 5tkms prior) did the trick. Recommended replacement interval for the 4JA1 is every 15tkms if I remember correctly. In fact there is a sticker on the flipside of the hood of the IPV that says so.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    idle is just 500 rpm on start up but rises as engine warms up. even if i turned on the AC engine will not die out on flat road.

i'm just wondering why on inclined road my engine shuts down. i replaced my fuel filter every 5000kms. i just replaced it a few weeks ago.

dr. d i don't know if it has tank filter

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    idle is just 500 rpm on start up but rises as engine warms up. even if i turned on the AC engine will not die out on flat road.

i'm just wondering why on inclined road my engine shuts down. i replaced my fuel filter every 5000kms. i just replaced it a few weeks ago.

dr. d i don't know if it has tank filter
    Maybe your oil is too thick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast