New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, i'l get my units at Isuzu Alabang...
    I'll check to them if merong cat converter...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Makati and Pasig are ok... both hawak ng Gencars. basta hawak daw ng Gencars. My boss got his trooper from Isuzu Pasig. Yun lang, mas mahal sumingil sa PMS ang gencars. but since you can afford to pay for it... go for it. not worth the headache pag nagkaron ng problema.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rsnald, hindi yata Gencars ang Pasig.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pasig alabang and cavite are the same ayala may ari im not sure kung ok sa gencars makati kasi kung makikita nyo loob parang crowded dun yung new and for services parang paglabas ng sasakyan mo check mo muna kung wala tama pero sa price ng materials ok sila medyo mababa.

jake

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jake, i think your are right...
    alabang,cavite,mandaue,cebu, pasig is owned by Ayala.
    They have 15% shares on Isuzu Phili., Corp.
    35% both Isuzu Limited & Mitsubishi...remaining 15% is owned by RCBC...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    benny010,
    The new troopers come with cat converters, but this will only lessen the smoke- not eliminate it. The main culprit is still the low quality of our diesel fuel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo,
    is there any other things that we can do in order to reduce the harmful emission of the trooper?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    benny010,
    Think we can reduce, not eliminate, emissions by following maintenence schedules under extreme conditions, such as, more oil changes or use synthetic oil, oil filter change, air filter change every 10Tkm and fuel filter change every 10-15Tkm.
    Oil quality plays a major role in preventing wear and thus, better combustion, less emission that's why i recommend using quality synthetic oils.
    You still have to run the trooper at highway speeds(high revs) to remove the built up soot every week or two.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tamang tama pala ang route ko everyday -> south expressway , opposite way/time of traffic.
    di ba pag trooper, sa casa ka lang dapat magpa-PM to avoid warranty issue? besides, i must use only isuzu oil (i forgot the name)? 'm not sure if this is fully synthetic...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    benny010,
    Yes, you'll have to service the trooper every 5T km at a dealer to keep the warranty BUT they can't prevent you from changing oil/filters often or before you bring it for service. A word of advice- ask the dealer to give you the unused portion of the oil they used at service which would tell you if they used the correct oil plus you get to save the extra liter you paid for! The oil they specify is called Besco 10w30- a mineral oil priced like a synthetic oil!
    Check this forum's thread on lab test of the Besco oil vs Petron's 5w30 full synth oil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
<Trooper (/Xwnd) Owner (? Isuzu Dealer)>