New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I find my brakes a bit weak for the trooper... Im not sure if the soft suspension has to do with it (or the boaty ride). Definitely Im not comparing it with a car and I have owned a 4x4 before.

How can I tell if its "normal"... I have been trying to stop suddenly pero talagang ayaw mag lock (even a little squeal considering the ABS)... In consolation, it does stop. Para lang masyadong mahaba bago mag stop. Or parang sobrang bigat ng body for the brakes.

BTW - I had my car serviced last week... they changed the whole ABS system (good thing its under warranty, 7T Km palang)... pero nagulat lang ako that something had to be changed this early.... service was good (medyo natakot ako sa mga ibang thread dito about Isuzu's dealers). 1 day work lang though they had to order the part sa planta which took them 2 weeks. I had my car during the waiting period and they assured me that I have brakes (wala lang nga ABS). Dealer was Gencars Makati

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The purpose of an ABS system is to prevent wheel lock.
    Wheel lock = tire screech/squeal
    No wheel lock = no tire screech/squeal.

Troopers are prone to brake dive also. During hard braking, you'll feel the nose seem to pitch forward.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks wire_tap

Is there a way to improve the breaking power of the trooper? (like changing to better pads) I even asked this forum before na parang hindi nagenengine brake ang trooper... the idling is too low when cruising (parang naka nuetral)

Or the problem is not the brakes but rather suspension or tires?

I use my car often sa highway... kaya particular ako sa preno... full load with my kids and yaya... and the misis

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    you can try changing to QFM brake pads. they have better stopping power than stock.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pansin ko sa trooper, whenever i release the accelerator pedal, balik agad sa idling speed ang tachometer. kaya parang wala ngang engine brake ang trooper. sa ibang na-drive ko na automatic hindi naman agad bumababa ang rpm.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    delay lang talaga responce nya pag brake mo............

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks guys,

will check QFM pads, just hope it will not void warranty

boybi, one of the poster (my old thread about low idling) mentioned turning off the OD switch... helped a little...

I just noticed that when you are cruising over 100Km, idling is normal... once you reach 80Km below, idling will be like in nuetral... kaya too much stress for the brakes in my opinion kasi nga walang engine brake.

regarding delayed response... Im trying to figure it out nga... it does stop naman, just not sure if its "normal"... kasi parang sobra naman delayed yun preno!

wala kasi akong pang compare na trooper din (or Isuzu kung common symptom to)... baka akin lang pala yun delayed na preno

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Trooper's brakes are weak since the front pads are too hard. Noticed after a year, the front rotor discs were a bit scored so changed pads to Bendix "4wd" model- better bite and feel. Also, since bendix had better bite, i felt the ABS finally work in a panic stop- never happened with stock pads since they wouldn't lock the wheels.

trooper brakes question