New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hello to all crosswind owners out there! I would just like to share my recurring problem about the leaks in the radiator of my 2010 MT sportivo and at the same time I would also like to know if some of you also encountered this problem. It all started from the time I purchased my ride last november 2009. just barely 3 weeks after that my radiator started to leak and I had it immediately replaced with a new one. According to the local dealer it just happened by chance and it was the first defect concerning denso radiators encountered by isuzu. And barely 3 years after that it started to leak again. I noticed that the reservoir was empty after more than a week without checking the water level and worst thing was the radiator itself was totally empty! lucky for me that i reached home without the engine overheating and i have to refill it again with distilled water and coolant from time to time. There are no visible signs of where the leak may be coming from...I had already sent an email to Isuzu Phil about this problem just to let them know. I don't know if this is one of the weakest points of the crosswind. Is there a possibility that it was caused by too much engine VIBRATION?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yes, actually. But three years isn't too bad, depending on how many kilometers you've done.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yes, actually. But three years isn't too bad, depending on how many kilometers you've done.
    Actually i've done over 30,000 km already...sad to say i have to cancel our out of town trip because of this problem. all repair shops here in the province are having their holidays. hopefully tomorrow i may have it replaced, thanks for the feedback!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Few years back, I encountered a leaking radiator problem sa Fuego. Sa Crosswind hindi pa. There was a minor hole which was welded easily.

I remember that this radiator problem was the talk of the owners of the early models of Crosswind.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Few years back, I encountered a leaking radiator problem sa Fuego. Sa Crosswind hindi pa. There was a minor hole which was welded easily.

I remember that this radiator problem was the talk of the owners of the early models of Crosswind.

That is exactly what they did at isuzu-southern auto mart, they had the small hole just on top of the radiator welded. the mechanics at isuzu mentioned this too, that it was an issue with the older models of the crosswind but accdg to them it was already corrected. crosswind denso-radiators are made by indonesia and there might also be some factory defects. it was not an issue by the way on dmax and alterra units...I plead with the local dealer to replace my leaking radiator and hopefully this week they just might as they had an agreement with DTI to extend my warranty to compensate with all the defects on the unit that i bought from them. I filed a complaint to DTI by the way about these defects on my unit, with the leaking radiator as just one of them...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ...anyway went out of town with the whole family with the newly welded radiator and it was no longer leaking, everything was perfect even though i was constantly checking the water level in the reservoir whenever i had the chance to stop over to have meals just to make sure...