New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    is it possible to reorient the door side view mirrors from rhd to lhd and still retain their electric controls. i have to push out my bighorn's mirror on the left side so that it's angled to my driving position but can't pull in the right side because it auto folds. don't want to disconnect the power lines as the cabin controls are quite useful.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goldrat View Post
    is it possible to reorient the door side view mirrors from rhd to lhd and still retain their electric controls. i have to push out my bighorn's mirror on the left side so that it's angled to my driving position but can't pull in the right side because it auto folds. don't want to disconnect the power lines as the cabin controls are quite useful.
    The harness may be adaptable for a RH to LH sideview mirrors assy convert BUT the interior control may likely be different. Meaning, when you aim to adjust the LH mirror, the power sideview mirror interior toggle may have to be positioned to the right side.

Then again, I may be wrong. Good luck!

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    benzmizer, thank you for the reply. the harness has been adapted and the toggle does work. i was talking about the way the mirrors are angled vis a vis the driver, now on the left of the vehicle, as the mirrors are angled to suit the right hand side. as with power windows with the folding function, you can push them away from the car body and they stay in position but if you tried pulling them in closer, they close automatically. if you separate the mirror body from its base, the base has these small upward ridges that determine how the mirror body itself will sit and thus orient to the driver. the ridges are part of an inner member that looks like it was merely pressed into the base. can i lift out the ridged body and reorient it to suit the lhd position. it looks like this will allow the mirror body to be angled properly and still retain its electronic functionality.

side view mirrors