New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Is this possible? has anyone tried this before? One time I went to a Casa and ask a Technician there, they say it is he even should me the Pillar where the seatbelt should be mounted there already a screw/bolt hole ready. I just don't know if that's really for the supposed 3pt seatbelt which they did not put.

Does anyone know if other crosswind/panther abroad has a 3pt seatbelt in the middle row seat?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I guess not everyone is interested in putting more safety to their crosswind's or sportivo by just adding a 3pt. seatbelt in the middle row seat.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    uhm... i agree with you sir. same goes for the Mitsubishi Adventure.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    This shouldn't be too hard to do as long as you can get the retracting mechanism... though it's not absolutely necessary to have one.

However... You'll have to make sure that the mounting point is strong enough to hold the belt without ripping free in an accident.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    This shouldn't be too hard to do as long as you can get the retracting mechanism... though it's not absolutely necessary to have one.

However... You'll have to make sure that the mounting point is strong enough to hold the belt without ripping free in an accident.
    I agree, I hope we don't need a crash test to make sure that mounting point will hold during accident..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Did other crosswinds versions like the panther in Indonesia has the same lap belt as our Philippine version Crosswind?

I'm thinking where to source out the retracting mechanism for the middle row seat, I'd go for an OEM if there's any just to make sure that the belt has been tested in other countries.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sir try to take a look at India's Chevrolet Tavera:

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...era-model.html

http://autostills.blogspot.com/2010/...allpapers.html

It even has third row 3pt seat belts!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    Sir try to take a look at India's Chevrolet Tavera:

http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content_d...era-model.html

http://autostills.blogspot.com/2010/...allpapers.html

It even has third row 3pt seat belts!
    Oo nga, buti pa sa India may 3pt Seatbelt pero dito sa atin wala, I'm just thinking may 3pt Seatbelt dahil siguro sa sitting configuration ng Tavera their middle row seat is captain seat with arm rest same as the front seat.

Check the interiors mukhang mas maganda kesa sa interiors ng sa atin, pero bumawi naman tayo sa exterior luma yung itsura ng sa India.
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; April 4th, 2011 at 03:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Oo nga, buti pa sa India may 3pt Seatbelt pero dito sa atin wala, I'm just thinking may 3pt Seatbelt dahil siguro sa sitting configuration ng Tavera their middle row seat is captain seat with arm rest same as the front seat.

Check the interiors mukhang mas maganda kesa sa interiors ng sa atin, pero bumawi naman tayo sa exterior luma yung itsura ng sa India.
    btw, I agree with the tavera slogan because we deserve more in life - they added 3pt seatbelt.. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why dont you just have it retrofitted in banaue? its just a seatbelt... It there are no holes, a drill can do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Putting a 3pt Seatbelt in Middle Row Seat for Sportivo/Crosswind