New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Right now, a stock Trooper feels like it's riding on jell-o. May mga unwanted motions in response to bumps and curves.
    You said it well OTEP. Here are my observations with our Trooper 2002 before we had the suspension setup:

1.Boat-ride quality. Try doing a lane-change while at high speed. You'll feel as if the Trooper's rear "remains" in the current lane while you swerve to the opposite lane. Ayaw yata gusto mag lane change yung likod.

2. Do the brake-dive test. Brake moderate to hard and feel the front of the Trooper dive.

3. Cornering test. Sobra ang dipping, body roll, and lateral movement.

Solution? This is what we did:
    1. OLD MAN EMU Front and Rear shocks
    2. Rear OLD MAN EMU coil springs
    3. Crank front torsion bars
    4. 295/65 tires on 18-inch rims.

Result? None of the above.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I also suspect the Bstone H/T stock tires add to the harshness of the ride. Did you notice a change in ride as the tires aged? In my case, the ride got harder after a year of use. Rancho 5 shocks in front did not help. KYBs slightly softer than oem in the rear, KYBs in front, hardly any diff vs oem.
    I've already changed to Dunlop grandtrek a/t, softer compared to the old bstones but ride is not car-like.
    Have you considered Koni shocks? They're available in the US or singapore.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wiretap: you crank the front so after changing the overall height of the vehicle increases right? di ba pag mas mahirap ang higher? mga ilang inch ang lift?

How much all in all ang na gastos mo? hmm do u have the part nos. if u dont mind? I plan to buy it in US if cheaper

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i can give you the part nos. PM me lang if you want. but i suggest you buy it here it will cost you the same lang.

Originally posted by wiretap_md
    You said it well OTEP. Here are my observations with our Trooper 2002 before we had the suspension setup:

1.Boat-ride quality. Try doing a lane-change while at high speed. You'll feel as if the Trooper's rear "remains" in the current lane while you swerve to the opposite lane. Ayaw yata gusto mag lane change yung likod.

2. Do the brake-dive test. Brake moderate to hard and feel the front of the Trooper dive.

3. Cornering test. Sobra ang dipping, body roll, and lateral movement.

Solution? This is what we did:
    1. OLD MAN EMU Front and Rear shocks
    2. Rear OLD MAN EMU coil springs
    3. Crank front torsion bars
    4. 295/65 tires on 18-inch rims.

Result? None of the above.
    bro how much inabot itong project mong ito? ball park figure ok na. Saan binili? Tnx for sharing!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo,

first, try to remove your front shocks, pushing it down should be soft, pero di dapat lulusot as in walang resistance man lang, then try to expand it, here, dapat mas malakas ang resistance (in real world, it controls the rebound ng suspension). Then compare it with a brand new shock, for starter try its replacement, if not, get a rancho with multi settings, para maka-pamili ka.

oem shock did not survive not gamitin ko pauwi sa province, 1600kms lang naman.

jackaroo,

The dunlop you got was 245 70 R 16? At pricesmart, they only have the 75 series. As am not comfortable with tire shops in West Ave., I might as well visit the shop where you bought. Thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    RedHorse,
    Yes, tire size was 245/70R16. Got mine at Autosport, along 20th ave near Boni s in cubao. Think price was P3540*. Also cheap at DKC tire center along P tuason and 18th ave. Also changed the tire valves with the tires.

I had 2 tires balanced for the front. The other two were way off balance and would need a lot of weights. Would "pressing" the mags lessen the need for too many lead weights? Who does this without damaging the mags?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    garyq / mdpo: Contact ARB for more details regarding pricing. I got it from him.

Btw, my 295/65 tires are Dunlop Grandtrek AT2. Very good ride. Don't use Falken ZIEX. Tigas sobra.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by RedHorse
    [B]mdpo,

"first, try to remove your front shocks, pushing it down should be soft, pero di dapat lulusot as in walang resistance man lang, then try to expand it, here, dapat mas malakas ang resistance (in real world, it controls the rebound ng suspension). Then compare it with a brand new shock, for starter try its replacement, if not, get a rancho with multi settings, para maka-pamili ka.

oem shock did not survive not gamitin ko pauwi sa province, 1600kms lang naman."

what do u mean did not survive? I guess I don't have the luxury of buying replacement and replace it again if I dont like the ride... its a decision I should make and stick on it. That's is why dami ko inquiry... sorry

thanks.

:D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wiretap: What do u think should I upgrade first shocks or tires? Di kasi pwede pag sabay kasi medyo may kamahalan di kakayanin ng budget ko =).

For a starter like me since I really don't know the ride of full OME Shocks or full RAncho shocks which should I choose? The coils will follow next but if handling/ride has already improved then shocks nalangmuna =)

thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
project s for my trooper