New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi guys! back again for another question he he he,

I was wondering if it is applicable to put a powerDrive or what they call fuel saver in 4jx1?, or is the fuel saver device is really working? are they not affect the engine? is there any of you guys using this kind of device?pls advise coz I planning to put on my 4jx1TC trooper, sabi ksi bukod sa makkatipid kana sa fuel for the most of 30% ay ma e- eliminate pa yung black smoke in the exhaust... any idea guys? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

PowerDrive fuel saver is just another air-bleed device. Save your money and just tune up your engine. Using that gadget will just reduce your engine's power and even might lead to engine overheating problems.

There has yet to be an air-bleed fuel saving device that actually works as claimed.

If you want to read-up more in "fuel saving devices" and the truth behind them, go and read the following link:

Air-Bleed Devices:
    http://www.fuelsaving.info/air_bleed.htm

Khaos Super Fuel Saving "gadget":
    http://www.fuelsaving.info/khaos.htm

General info:
    http://www.fuelsaving.info/

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    those devices doesn't work. it's a big scam. if you want to have more power at the same time save fuel buy a good airfilter like K&N drop in filter and UNICHIP piggyback computer. the unichip will cost you P30K pero it's worth it!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    thanks guys for the info, as for the UNICHIP piggyback computer "WOW" the price!!!!!!, but sir what if i will upgrade my filter for K & N, should i expect a difference? thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, it should give a very big difference in performance, not sure about the fuel economy though. If you read the thread about the Crosswind fitted with a Simota air filter, you'd see that the owner is very satisfied with the performance boost. In fact he was able to reach 100km/h at just 2900rpm. Something unimaginable for a Crosswind I should say. Downside in this sort of air filters is that it gets dirty very easily so you have to clean it EVERY WEEK with an air compressor or any similar device (another Crosswind owner uses an electronic "salbabida" air pump along with water).

As for the Unichip, yes it is a very good product. If you visit Speedlab's website, you'd see the actual horsepower and torque gains various vehicles get by just installing this thing. Turbo intercooler engines benefit the most, many can get a performance boost as high as 20-30hp!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    thanks guys for the info, as for the UNICHIP piggyback computer "WOW" the price!!!!!!, but sir what if i will upgrade my filter for K & N, should i expect a difference? thanks.
    A little power gain, a little fuel economy if you don't floor the gas. But generally not enough to really be worth it unless you are willing to jump in with both feet with the engine mods.

Best advise is still to keep your engine tuned up at regular intervals and keep your air filter clean.

BTW, a lighter grade of motor oil does increase fuel mileage BUT it will lower engine protection by a bit.

PowerDrive or fuel saver for 4JX1 TC