New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi everyone,

Im newbie in this forum, kaka-registered kolang, i recently bought a trooper 2002 model LS with 4jx1 TC engine, nabasa ko ang mga thread dito and I started to get worried about my trooper, Jan 3 2011 nung mabili ko sa isang private dealer, the car condition is great, actually nasubukan konarin in uphill sa Mt. Samat without todo apak sa pedal i can feel talaga ang power nya and working great,,, yet till i read about the horrible issue and the recall of 4jx1,. my question is, untill now ba may problema parin yung injector or any other problems? inspite of the fact na 2002 pa yung year ng trooper so i just thinking na baka yung 1st owner ay na ipaayos na dun sa recall yung mga dapat na palitan/ayusin. yung kasing dealer wala sa kanya yung maintenance record so no idea ako.

Anybody can make comments are verymuch welcome, thanks...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im newbie in this forum, kaka-registered kolang, i recently bought a trooper 2002 model LS with 4jx1 TC engine, nabasa ko ang mga thread dito and I started to get worried about my trooper, Jan 3 2011 nung mabili ko sa isang private dealer, the car condition is great, actually nasubukan konarin in uphill sa Mt. Samat without todo apak sa pedal i can feel talaga ang power nya and working great,,, yet till i read about the horrible issue and the recall of 4jx1,. my question is, untill now ba may problema parin yung injector or any other problems? inspite of the fact na 2002 pa yung year ng trooper so i just thinking na baka yung 1st owner ay na ipaayos na dun sa recall yung mga dapat na palitan/ayusin. yung kasing dealer wala sa kanya yung maintenance record so no idea ako.

Anybody can make comments are verymuch welcome, thanks...
    Fist, CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase!

As to your query. well, you just said that the Trooper is performing great, right? Then so be it. We must face the reality that it may be a fact that some of our friends had some problem with their Trooper but you an I and others don't. Let's leave it at that.

Just enjoy using your Trooper and don't let anxiety get in the way. Just follow the recommended PMS schedule and you greatly reduce incidents of failure.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mt. Samat. been there! Burned my brakes there. Hahaha. Naka 90 kph ako sa isang uphill dyan. Ka convoy ko ang isang GS and altis namin way back '08.

Just follow the correct PMS just like sir benzmizer said.

and dont forget to use 5w-30 oil. Either Besco or Royal Purple.

If meron dyan, pa transteck mo narin ang transmission para fresh ang mga fluids pati narin ang axle oil. dont forget LSD yan ha.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    To Benzmizer, thanks for the adviced and good to mention that you have also trooper that in great shape, i will follow PMS, just ask in what KM should i ask for PMS?,,,,yah its was working great,, now my anxiety decreased. by the way, my trooper is 4 x 2, AT. thanks.

To s_quilicot, good to hear that you also been in mt. samat, thank you for the recommendation of what the exact engine oil to be use, asking what is LSD means? thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    To Benzmizer, thanks for the adviced and good to mention that you have also trooper that in great shape, i will follow PMS, just ask in what KM should i ask for PMS?,,,,yah its was working great,, now my anxiety decreased. by the way, my trooper is 4 x 2, AT. thanks.

To s_quilicot, good to hear that you also been in mt. samat, thank you for the recommendation of what the exact engine oil to be use, asking what is LSD means? thanks.
    Dont worry about it. And dont think about it. Your trooper is unique. Just follow what the two guys suggest.

I was a trooper owner, so i know.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005

You're welcome. In behalf of SQ and the rest of the guys here with Troopers, WELCOME!

PMS is every 5,000 kms or 3 months, whichever comes first. Since you have no records to support you Trooper's maintenance history, I would suggest you perform a thorough check (yes, including change oil) of your Trooper and use that date of PMS as your Trooper's "0" mileage. start counting 5,000 kms. from that date.

LSD = Limited Slip Differential

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thank you guys for the welcome,

As reading he thread for the PMS i found quite costly, for me as mid class. advise me mga sir.... i am planning to do it gradually,, like to start it by changing coolant first which i think is more costless thang changing of engine oil or changing at the same time, then changing of engine oil/filter unpon or before reaching 5th km, is this a good idea? pls advise, thanks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Welcome Sir! Looks like we have the same model! How much did you buy it for? What is your current mileage? Ours just passed the 70t kms mark a few days ago. As you may have noticed, the Trooper is a very good car as long as you are willing to overlook its shortcomings. The power is really great, for city driving I almost never had to go past 3000rpm and it'll take 140km/h at 2500rpm in top gear. Make sure you change all fluids regularly as well as the filters. We made quite a big mistake by not changing the differential oil ever since it left the showroom since we never even knew about it. We only found out about it when the rear end of the Trooper always seem to be slipping off every time it accelerates. As for the injectors, we had them replaced for free by the casa. And then there was an incident wherein the turbo failed and so we had it replaced for around 50k for a surplus unit if memory served me right. Other than that there hasn't been much to worry about aside from the petty repairs from time to time. Just take good care of it and the car will serve you very well. Have fun with your ride!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks GTi for sharing me your experienced about your trooper and for the advised as well, what about during the deep pressing the gas pedal or sudden hard press on it i found a noticeable black smoke from the exhaust but other than that its normal smoke, a mechanic told me it is a normal for a diesel engine car especially isuzu engine,,, but I am still seeking an answer from you guys,,, thanks again in advance.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks GTi for sharing me your experienced about your trooper and for the advised as well, what about during the deep pressing the gas pedal or sudden hard press on it i found a noticeable black smoke from the exhaust but other than that its normal smoke, a mechanic told me it is a normal for a diesel engine car especially isuzu engine,,, but I am still seeking an answer from you guys,,, thanks again in advance.
    As for the smoke, its fine. Ours does that too. It'll go away after the initial get-go. I'm sure its because of the dirty fuel sold here, and also because its an older Isuzu engine. Try fueling up with the recently introduced Euro 4 diesel in Unioil. I'm sure there'll be an improvement.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC-problem latest news?