New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir , can i ask anyone.. its been a while since i hear this squealing sound every time na pepreno ako i went to casa to have my brake cleaned and they already changed my brake pads na... pero nawala for a while pero naririnig ko padin ngaun ulit hindi ko alam kung dahil lang sa ulan and araw mababasa then iinit ganun.. please enlighten me if may alam kau. my car is crosswind 2002.

Another thing madalas din kapag aarangkada ako pagminsan may screeching sound akong naririnig sabi ng mekaniko normal lang daw un kapag nababasa yung sa may fan belt and ung parang fan nun talaga bang gnun yun? kapag uminit naman ung engine after nun nwwla na ung ingay niya. thankyou for your help in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sir , can i ask anyone.. its been a while since i hear this squealing sound every time na pepreno ako i went to casa to have my brake cleaned and they already changed my brake pads na... pero nawala for a while pero naririnig ko padin ngaun ulit hindi ko alam kung dahil lang sa ulan and araw mababasa then iinit ganun.. please enlighten me if may alam kau. my car is crosswind 2002.

Subukan mong pabuksan uli yung preno mo and have it cleaned again. It is not unusual if you often pass by semi-flooded area wherein debris can get stuck between the pads and rotors. Best to have it re-cleaned and observe.

Another thing madalas din kapag aarangkada ako pagminsan may screeching sound akong naririnig sabi ng mekaniko normal lang daw un kapag nababasa yung sa may fan belt and ung parang fan nun talaga bang gnun yun? kapag uminit naman ung engine after nun nwwla na ung ingay niya.

Yes, it is true that when the fanbelt gets wet, it would tend to "slide" but the question her is does the "screeching" still persist even when the fanbelt is dry? If so, find out which of the belt produce the screeching sound and adjust accordingly. If sagad na adjustment, replace with new one if hindi pa o matagal na nung huling napalitan yung fanbelt. Make sure its the correct fanbelt size.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ok sir thank you for that advice..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post

Subukan mong pabuksan uli yung preno mo and have it cleaned again. It is not unusual if you often pass by semi-flooded area wherein debris can get stuck between the pads and rotors. Best to have it re-cleaned and observe.

Another thing madalas din kapag aarangkada ako pagminsan may screeching sound akong naririnig sabi ng mekaniko normal lang daw un kapag nababasa yung sa may fan belt and ung parang fan nun talaga bang gnun yun? kapag uminit naman ung engine after nun nwwla na ung ingay niya.

Yes, it is true that when the fanbelt gets wet, it would tend to "slide" but the question her is does the "screeching" still persist even when the fanbelt is dry? If so, find out which of the belt produce the screeching sound and adjust accordingly. If sagad na adjustment, replace with new one if hindi pa o matagal na nung huling napalitan yung fanbelt. Make sure its the correct fanbelt size.
    just came back from the province, again may problem yung brakes ko sa driver side, there's a slight kabig to the right when braking and feeling ko medyo mahina ang kagat ng brakes ko muntik kong abutin ung kotse sa harap ko nung magpreno ako.

Pagdating ko sa bahay I immediately check my brakes and inspected the tires rims. I was looking for metal particles sa rim and tires as sign of problem pero wala naman, but one thing I noticed yung left driver side rim ko sa front was really really hot compared sa other rims and amoy sunog na goma, binuhusan ko ng tubig umusok yung rim and diskbrakes as in nagsteam yung tires ko, I'm super worried and at the same time thankful because walang nangyaring masama sa byahe namin. I'm just thinking na kung sobrang init ng rims baka posibleng sumabog ang gulong ko sa harap, and to think na i was running avg 100km/hr sa NLEX.

Tomorrow I'll have it check, I hope the problem is not that serious, I'm hoping that it just needs some cleaning.. pero worst case I'm also thinking na baka kailangan ko ng palitan ung piston ng brakes kasi kinain na yun dati nung matanggalan ako ng brake pads sa NLEX.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    just came back from the province, again may problem yung brakes ko sa driver side, there's a slight kabig to the right when braking and feeling ko medyo mahina ang kagat ng brakes ko muntik kong abutin ung kotse sa harap ko nung magpreno ako.

Pagdating ko sa bahay I immediately check my brakes and inspected the tires rims. I was looking for metal particles sa rim and tires as sign of problem pero wala naman, but one thing I noticed yung left driver side rim ko sa front was really really hot compared sa other rims and amoy sunog na goma, binuhusan ko ng tubig umusok yung rim and diskbrakes as in nagsteam yung tires ko, I'm super worried and at the same time thankful because walang nangyaring masama sa byahe namin. I'm just thinking na kung sobrang init ng rims baka posibleng sumabog ang gulong ko sa harap, and to think na i was running avg 100km/hr sa NLEX.

Tomorrow I'll have it check, I hope the problem is not that serious, I'm hoping that it just needs some cleaning.. pero worst case I'm also thinking na baka kailangan ko ng palitan ung piston ng brakes kasi kinain na yun dati nung matanggalan ako ng brake pads sa NLEX.
    I think your brakes are stuck up. --> "KABIG" when stepping on the brakes and overheated brakes....

on and off squealing sound during brakes.