New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi guys, i got an 96 isuzu pick up LS from my dad. im a bit knowledgable with cars but not to the extent na kayang kaya ko na ipagawa. ok pa naman ugn ride kaso prang gusto naman iparestore completely para naman makasabay sha sa panahon. tatanong ko lang kung san maganda magpagawa ng isuzu pick up na sure and mura? student lang kasi ako and ako gagastos para sa restoration nito. thaaanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by krockepek View Post
    hi guys, i got an 96 isuzu pick up LS from my dad. im a bit knowledgable with cars but not to the extent na kayang kaya ko na ipagawa. ok pa naman ugn ride kaso prang gusto naman iparestore completely para naman makasabay sha sa panahon. tatanong ko lang kung san maganda magpagawa ng isuzu pick up na sure and mura? student lang kasi ako and ako gagastos para sa restoration nito. thaaanks guys!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What kind of "restoration" are you referring to? Body and paint? Mechanical/electrical?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What kind of "restoration" are you referring to? Body and paint? Mechanical/electrical?
    complete make over. haha. wanted to do body and paint especially because the previous owner didnt take care of the ride that well. the paint part, probably color correction pati dents all those stuff. pati ung mga parang mancha na din. regarding mechanical and electrical, i actually got word from my dad that he sent the pick up to a car shop earlier to get the tranny, wheel alignment, brakes and other pedal tweaked. kaya lang din ako naghahanap para sure. ung isang pick up dito sablay kasi ung gmwa e. since ako ggmit nito, i wanna make sure it runs smooth.

i wanna make itz look a bit macho, put in bull bars and metal frames on the trunk. probably raise it a couple of inches and get a new set of rubbers that looks semi off road. ung mags nya stock ang ganda e. manual restore ko nalang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shiny offroad wheels and AT or MT tires is all you need :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fierari View Post
    shiny offroad wheels and AT or MT tires is all you need :D
    thats what I basically wnted bro. kaso medyo luma na ugn car. medyo nalaspag na din. im gonna post pics here so you guys would understand what im saying )

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thats what I basically wnted bro. kaso medyo luma na ugn car. medyo nalaspag na din. im gonna post pics here so you guys would understand what im saying )
    To whatever look your pick up is, I would suggest that you prioritize your restoration of it. Put at the top of the list all mechanical and electrical-related repairs. Most of these involve safety issues that I'm sure you would not like to compromise. Besides, what's the point of having a spanking ride when you always find yourself at the side of the road caused by a mechan ical/electrical breakdown.

The last in the agenda would be the body works. Besides, this would not be the best time of the year to have a nice paintjob.

My thoughts.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    To whatever look your pick up is, I would suggest that you prioritize your restoration of it. Put at the top of the list all mechanical and electrical-related repairs. Most of these involve safety issues that I'm sure you would not like to compromise. Besides, what's the point of having a spanking ride when you always find yourself at the side of the road caused by a mechan ical/electrical breakdown.

The last in the agenda would be the body works. Besides, this would not be the best time of the year to have a nice paintjob.

My thoughts.
    all the main repairs is already being covered. pinapagawa na. kaya ko iniisip ko looks kasi ako gagastos dun, ung major repairs dad ko gumastos e. regarding the paint job, i agree. kaso ang pangit na tingnan tlga nung pintura e. what a dillema.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    all the main repairs is already being covered. pinapagawa na. kaya ko iniisip ko looks kasi ako gagastos dun, ung major repairs dad ko gumastos e. regarding the paint job, i agree. kaso ang pangit na tingnan tlga nung pintura e. what a dillema.
    ako din, balak ko ipaayos yung pick up ko, 1996 model LS din , yung aircon n'ya ayaw ng gumana blower na lang, and also, yung FM nya parang hindi makakuha ng station, tapos yung steering n'ya, matigas ikabig sa kaliwa pero sa kanan magaan ikabig, anybody can help us to recommend saan maganda magpa-ayos somewhere here in Caloocan?