New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    Hey thanks Benzmizer! Maybe I just need to give the Isuzu dealer (Alabang) more time on this issue of availability. However, I gave commitment for firm order of 2011 4x4 starry black (or white pearl) with navigation option in January, and no response so far on availability or expected delivery. However, I am patient and will still follow through with my Isuzu Alterra purchase. I know the Isuzu Alterra is assembled here in Philippines, so maybe they have a backlog of orders right now at the plant.
    I see. I'll PM you if there is one in stock already. Oh, the Alterra is still CBU Thailand. Only the D-Max, Crosswind and Trucks (except indent models) are CKD/SKD.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Guys,

Is the Alterra's engine better that the Trooper's engine? We had a very bad experience kasi with the Isuzu Trooper engine. The fuel injector always gets some kind of trouble so parati hard starting or merong choking episodes.

Is the Alterra's engine better compared to Toyota's D4D 2.5 diesel engine?

Parang mas maganda yung Alterra compared to the Fortuner for long distance driving and for pang-harabas but we have some phobia with Isuzu because of our bad experience with the Trooper.

Any feedback?

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    Hi Guys,

Is the Alterra's engine better that the Trooper's engine? We had a very bad experience kasi with the Isuzu Trooper engine. The fuel injector always gets some kind of trouble so parati hard starting or merong choking episodes.

Parang mas maganda yung Alterra compared to the Fortuner for long distance driving and for pang-harabas but we have some phobia with Isuzu because of our bad experience with the Trooper.

Any feedback?

Thanks
    I haven't driven nor ridden in an Alterra before but we do have a 2002 Trooper. So far through the years that its been with us, the injectors have only been replaced once and so is the turbo. On paper, the Trooper has more power and also a better suspension and brakes. But I don't know how they compare in real life and no one has cared to do a comparo. What I know is that the Alterra's engine is more quiet and more fuel efficient than the Trooper. We are, in fact, very satisfied with the Trooper's performance as it hasn't given us any major headaches even after all these years. Sure there are some breakdowns from time to time but they're easily remedied without having to spend too much.

The Alterra's engine may not be top notch, but comparing it to Toyota's 2.5L 2KD-FTV is too much! 102hp/260Nm versus 146hp/315Nm is a big difference!

As compared to the Fortuner, the Alterra should be better for long distance drives since it has much more space than the very cramped Fortuner. The more heavy duty suspension also means farm work is no sweat for the Alterra. And so far, owners have reported that the Alterra is a very good highway cruiser, many having done speeds reaching a very stable 195km/h!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Guys,

Any feedback?

Thanks
    1. Yes--The Alterra have a far better engine than the trooper(mas advance na sya)..Hindi na rin sakitin..Si sir Jefsan mag 6 years na alterra nya at very happy pa din sya at wala pa syang nababanggit na problema sa Engine nya..

2. Yes--The Alterra's Engine is far better compared to Toyota D4d 2.5.(3.0 compared to 2.5).

3. Yes--Mas maganda talaga ang Alterra sa long Drive(Mas comfortable, Mas maluwang at Mas matipid sa Diesel) Additional pa ung Entertainment System nya para hindi nakakabagot sa long drive(Kaso hindi ko masyado ginagamit ito dahil sagabal sa pagmamaneho ko--Ang tinutukoy ko dito eh yung nanonood habang nagbibiyahe--Pure Music lang ako.. ^_^(Depende na lang kung may mga kasama ako gaya ng misis at brother ko--).

4. Pagdating sa Pangharabass medyo undecided ako kasi hindi pa ako nakadrive ng Fortuner.. Pero masasabi kong pwede mong i-abuse ang Alterra(Harabas)..(Madalas sa akin ito dahil hindi maiwasan sa work ko) Matibay.. Kinakargahan ko nga din ng Anim na sakong Bigas or Asukal Terry ko..Pero hindi ko ina-advise na gawin nyo..Minsan hindi lang kasi maiwasan sa akin dahil sa klase ng trabaho ko.. Hehehe..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    1. Yes--The Alterra have a far better engine than the trooper(mas advance na sya)..Hindi na rin sakitin..Si sir Jefsan mag 6 years na alterra nya at very happy pa din sya at wala pa syang nababanggit na problema sa Engine nya..

2. Yes--The Alterra's Engine is far better compared to Toyota D4d 2.5.(3.0 compared to 2.5).

3. Yes--Mas maganda talaga ang Alterra sa long Drive(Mas comfortable, Mas maluwang at Mas matipid sa Diesel) Additional pa ung Entertainment System nya para hindi nakakabagot sa long drive(Kaso hindi ko masyado ginagamit ito dahil sagabal sa pagmamaneho ko--Ang tinutukoy ko dito eh yung nanonood habang nagbibiyahe--Pure Music lang ako.. ^_^(Depende na lang kung may mga kasama ako gaya ng misis at brother ko--).

4. Pagdating sa Pangharabass medyo undecided ako kasi hindi pa ako nakadrive ng Fortuner.. Pero masasabi kong pwede mong i-abuse ang Alterra(Harabas)..(Madalas sa akin ito dahil hindi maiwasan sa work ko) Matibay.. Kinakargahan ko nga din ng Anim na sakong Bigas or Asukal Terry ko..Pero hindi ko ina-advise na gawin nyo..Minsan hindi lang kasi maiwasan sa akin dahil sa klase ng trabaho ko.. Hehehe..
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the info.

We are trying to decide whether to get

1. Toyota Fortuner 4x2 manual with 2.5 D4D; or,

2. Isuzu Alterra 4x2 manual; or,

3. Ford Everest 4x2 manual.

We are having second thoughts with the Toyoya Fortuner because of the reported problems with their 2.5 D4D engines.

With the Isuzu Alterra, we are also having some issues because of our bad experience with the Isuzu Trooper.

With the Ford Everest, we also have some issues regarding quality, fit, and finish like: umbrella type hand-brake lever; fake looking wood panels; and, third row seat withoout headrest.

Although a lot of car owners are of the opinion that the Ford crdi engine is more reliable than the crdi engines of Toyota and Isuzu because Ford uses the Bosch crdi technology while Toyota and Isuzu use the Nippon denso crdi technology, with the latter having some performance issues.

Alin kaya yung pinaka value for money sa tatlong choices sa taas.

Tenx

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Thank you for the info.

We are having second thoughts with the Toyoya Fortuner because of the reported problems with their 2.5 D4D engines.

With the Isuzu Alterra, we are also having some issues because of our bad experience with the Isuzu Trooper.

With the Ford Everest, we also have some issues regarding quality, fit, and finish like: umbrella type hand-brake lever; fake looking wood panels; and, third row seat withoout headrest.

Although a lot of car owners are of the opinion that the Ford crdi engine is more reliable than the crdi engines of Toyota and Isuzu because Ford uses the Bosch crdi technology while Toyota and Isuzu use the Nippon denso crdi technology, with the latter having some performance issues.

Tenx
    the new mitsubishi montero with 2.5 GT-V engine i think 170hp siya. check their showroom meron na daw display. the price is around 1.4m for the 4x2 and 1.6m for the 4x4. not sure about the exact price.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xenon headlamp View Post
    the new mitsubishi montero with 2.5 GT-V engine i think 170hp siya. check their showroom meron na daw display. the price is around 1.4m for the 4x2 and 1.6m for the 4x4. not sure about the exact price.
    Initially available lang 4x2 AT. Wala pa 4x2 MT and 4x4 variants. P1.408M price less P20k.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008

Thank you for the info.

Tenx
    Depende sir.. Pero in the long run(let us say 3years pataas).. Sa tatlo, pipiliin ko alterra kung ang basehan eh value for money lang..

Mura ang Maintenance, Walang masyadong mabigat na Issue(kumbaga mga minor lang ang kadalasang nairereport na problema kumpara sa iba), At matipid sa Crudo..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    [quote=Benzmizer;1679084]Initially available lang 4x2 AT. Wala pa 4x2 MT and 4x4 variants. P1.408M price less P20k.[/qu

o nga pala wala pa yung 4x4 and m/t. pero sa tingin ko sulit yung 4x4 na montero for its price tag. kasi naka dvd/gps system, honeycomb grill, paddle shifters, cf spoiler,leather seats? and new GT-V engine.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Guys, what are good reasons why I will choose Alterra over the new VTG-Monty?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser