New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I just "borrowed" (errh, more like stole... ) an Isuzu Hilander from my dad for use for business.

Problem is, it has two crappy tires and two good ones. Current size is 175/70-13, Goodyear Wrangler D-Sport.

I asked Boss OTEP for suggestions, but I can't find the models he suggested (Dunlop LeMans RV or VanPix) in that size. The best AUV tires I can find are all 70-15 in size, and the Hilander has small wheel wells, so I can only fit 70-13, 65-14 or 55-15 tires in there, puro car tire sizes lang!

Any ideas? I've already found new D-Sports, but I don't really like Wranglers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We're also running D-sports on the MB100. They get the job done but they're nothing fancy. Especially compared to the more premium Uniroyal Tires they replaced. At least better than the OEM Woosungs.

Is 13" the original rim? What is the gross weight (vehicle + full load) of the Hilander? Hindi ba kaya ng car tires ang load rating?

AFAIK, the Wrangler A/T is also available in 13" size. Don't expect sportscarlike handling but at least they're tougher compared to the D-sports.

You can also look into Yokohamas. My friend used to run their L300 on A509's. Pretty sweet tires for such a craptacular van (laspag laspag na).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sorry, man... medyo konti lang kasi sa suki, so I'll have to go hunting for those... Wrangler AT or Yokohama A509s... I might ask for the Yoks, as I'm biased towards Yokohama... :lol:

I've checked... most car tires in that size are only load rated to 475 kgs (sayang, really wanted Michelin XMs!). I can't find the Hilander's curb weight online, but I'm pretty sure it's around 1400 kgs... but since I'm going to use it for work, I might be pushing 2000 kgs gross at times.

Can't really go any bigger unless I remove the plastic fender flares, and it'll only give me half an inch more clearance.

Sige, I'll try to source the ATs or A509s, but if I can't find them, D-Sport muna ako, then I'll change all four together next time.

Thanks again, Doc!... wala akong internet nung nag-text ako...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karamihan kasi ng ok na tires sa 14" na nagsisimula. Maybe you'd like to invest in some el cheapo 14" rims kahit medyo sacrifice ng konti ang profile ng gulong.

Ano ba OEM size ng Hilander?

Wrangler DT pala yung nasa MB100. Kakacheck ko lang. Made in the Philippines.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a thought. I suppose 14" steelies would cost me very little.

OEM yata yung 175/70-13. Medyo cheapskate si dad sa tsikot (just kidding, pa)... but I don't think he'd actually go and buy a new set of steelies just for smaller tires...

I was aghast when I saw that a 15" wouldn't fit... gusto ko pa sana magpa-wide tires... (I know, that's so 80's... ) ...oh well... shouldn't go bling-crazy until I repaint the ugly thing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me, dati slx ang ride, oem tire noon bridgestone 195R14

before the slx, gamit ng hilander goodyear 185R13c, iba noon 175R13

sasabit sa slx ang AT ng bridgestone na 14".. papalift, align, palit shocks... gastos, parang gusto ko pa ang 13" size

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    those are the original tire size of the hi-lander na first sold here in the Phils. second ay yong naka mags na 14". I suggest that you stick with that tire since you will use it for hauling. putting car tires will not make it last long, hindi kaya ang weight if used for hauling. Yan din ang ride ng in-law ko and same tires, so far no problems.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, I've finally accepted that fact, as I can't find lower profile van tires in the 14" or 15" size. I don't want to raise the ride height to cope with bigger tires, because I don't want to compromise the handling balance. Oh well, seat covers nalang.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gud Pm... mga Sir, new member lang po ako dito and meron ako Hilander 99 SLX model. Gusto ko po sya gawing low profile and wide tires, applicable po ba un sa rides natin? Thanks!

Need help.  Isuzu Hilander Tires!