New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good morning mga sir, ask ko lang po, which is better na ilagay sa crosswind? 4JG2-TC or 4JB1-TC? In terms of mileage and power, which is better sa dalawang makina? We are planning to change the engine of our 2002 XUV Crossswind... We need some advice... Good thing merong na open ng thread na ito ^_^

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 983264 View Post
    Good morning mga sir, ask ko lang po, which is better na ilagay sa crosswind? 4JG2-TC or 4JB1-TC? In terms of mileage and power, which is better sa dalawang makina? We are planning to change the engine of our 2002 XUV Crossswind... We need some advice... Good thing merong na open ng thread na ito ^_^
    I have witnessed a 4JB1 engine mounted in a Crosswind, pwede. But more than just worrying if an engine would fit the enginebay and it's gear ratios, you need to also check the brake system. Remember, a vehicle is designed/tested with related components complimenting each other. You may have the extra horses on your engine pero baka naman di ka maka-preno in time when you need it, disaster kakalabasan nun!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 4JG2 might fit... but the B1 is a more direct and easier swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I have witnessed a 4JB1 engine mounted in a Crosswind, pwede. But more than just worrying if an engine would fit the enginebay and it's gear ratios, you need to also check the brake system. Remember, a vehicle is designed/tested with related components complimenting each other. You may have the extra horses on your engine pero baka naman di ka maka-preno in time when you need it, disaster kakalabasan nun!
    Brakes? It hardly brakes at all with the stock engine... so what's the difference?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    bro, i had my wifes fruego 4jb1-t engine overhauled a month ago. and i spend a total of 30k on parts and another 32k on the labor and machineshop. reason for overhauling was that there was significant decrease in engine power going up antipolo with around 200kg in the bed. calibration and nozzel cleanning did not make a difference. so i had it compression tested. unfortunately, all cylinders failed the compression test. so i was convince to have it overhauled. mileage of the fuego was 280k km.

if you were to ask me. i would rather overhaul a 4ja1 engine rather than to get the same surplus engine. but have it done by a professional engine rebuilder (thats if you are planning to keep the car).

in my case. i had the engine overhauled at ATI in sta rosa. they replaced all the bearings and bushings and balanced the main pulley, connecting rods, pistons, piston rings, crank shaft, flywheel and the clutch. balancing alone cost almost 10k. they charged 2k to disassemble the engine, 2k for degreasing and 8.5k for the assembly. the rest was for the machining.

as for the parts, i had to supply all the parts. fortunately, the parts are easy to find (olympic auto supply, multilink, and jetco in pasay, and isuzu sales in caloocan). they recommended to get daido brand bearings, tp piston rings and izumi liners and pistons (unfortunately i was not able to buy the izumi pistons cuz i ran out of budget so i used a set made in korea).

and now it even runs smoother than when it was brand new

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    btw, please listen to the warning of fellow members about changing to stronger engines. the crosswind was not made for high speed performace but more on durability. don't risk the lives of your love ones.

upgrading your brakes is not a simple nor cheap thing to do.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    How much ba ngayon ang 4JB1-T na engine, yung second hand... Kasya ba ang transmission ng crosswind sa makina?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The last fuegos where equipped with 4jb1 engines wihtout transfer case (non dual. I think it could work with few or no adjustments on the support. To be sure I suggest you buy with matching tranny. Ealier Mu where equipped with 4jb1, not electronic and manual trans is the most ideal.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    The last fuegos where equipped with 4jb1 engines wihtout transfer case (non dual. I think it could work with few or no adjustments on the support. To be sure I suggest you buy with matching tranny. Ealier Mu where equipped with 4jb1, not electronic and manual trans is the most ideal.
    Sir, how much ba ngayon ang 4jb1 w/ manula tranny? yung merong turbo na 4jb1... canvasssing pa naman kami, hindi pa naman bibili...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    hello sir just saw one hi-lander with 4jb1-T on the hood check it on sulit.com ad no2053818 nicely done...baka makahingi ka ng tips sa owner kung ano yung mga mods na ginawa nya to fit it on the engine bay...galing....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Bubuhayin ko muna tong thread na ito... Uhm, How much ba ngayon ang 4JG2-TC w/ Manual Tranny w/ Transfer Case? Or How much ba ngayon ang 4JB1-TC w/ Manual Tranny w/o Transfer Case?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Need advise about 4ja1-turbo engine