New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Saw this forum while searching for some information about isuzu dmax fuel injection pump on the web.

My 2005 Dmax just conked out 3 weeks ago.. i went to the isuzu dealer and they immediately said Fuel injection pump needs calibration. i called up Cebu service center and got scared at the news they gave me. They said it would take around a month to calibrate and around 80,000 pesos! Whew! thats a lot of dough!

Anyway, i waited for the real isuzu mechanics which arrived the following week with their computer.. i was relieved when the computer did not find anything wrong with the injection pump. they were able to fix it up and I paid 10k for their services.

That night I took my dmax out and couldn't get home! It simply wouldn't start!!! Bummer!

Called up mechanics immediately... they couldn't come back until two weeks after!

Now they're here again and they just told me that Fuel injection Pump really needs calibration!

This is sooo frustrating!

Can anybody give me some advice? Aside from cost for calibration it would also take a month to have it done!

NEed your help pls.. what should i do?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    naku sir medyo mahirap yan try mo kaya pumunta sa ibang isuzu casa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    boss, i suggest wag mo na ipacalibrate sa casa dahil mahal talaga jan. kung taga cebu ka, ipacalibrate mo sa gm & sons sa sanciangko st. magaling sila basta calibration ng kahit anong injection pump. di yan aabutin ng 1 week. look for mr.benson yu. tel # 2551111. yung mga taga casa sa labas din yan sila nagpapacalibrate kaya sinasabi sayo na ganun katagal.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_MAX View Post
    Saw this forum while searching for some information about isuzu dmax fuel injection pump on the web.

My 2005 Dmax just conked out 3 weeks ago.. i went to the isuzu dealer and they immediately said Fuel injection pump needs calibration. i called up Cebu service center and got scared at the news they gave me. They said it would take around a month to calibrate and around 80,000 pesos! Whew! thats a lot of dough!

Anyway, i waited for the real isuzu mechanics which arrived the following week with their computer.. i was relieved when the computer did not find anything wrong with the injection pump. they were able to fix it up and I paid 10k for their services.

That night I took my dmax out and couldn't get home! It simply wouldn't start!!! Bummer!

Called up mechanics immediately... they couldn't come back until two weeks after!

Now they're here again and they just told me that Fuel injection Pump really needs calibration!

This is sooo frustrating!

Can anybody give me some advice? Aside from cost for calibration it would also take a month to have it done!

NEed your help pls.. what should i do?

Isuzu sucks! I encountered a problem same as yours with our Isuzu Dmax 4x4 model 2006. The truck spewed white smoke and struggled on inclined roads. I immediately brought it to the Isuzu cagayan de oro service center and they informed me that the fuel pump needs calibration that would cost me around Php75,000. Our truck has a 45,000 mileage and is seldom used to travel long distances and I wondered how this could suddenly happen. I was thinking that before the pump could be damaged, a warning sensor would've at least informed me. The answer they gave me was that the diesel in the Philippines is dirty and that maybe my "suki" gas station had water mixed in with their diesel supply and that the sensor may have been damaged. I found this to be very preposterous! Despite this, I agreed to have the unit repaired by them ( may choice pa ba ako?). I hope more dmax owners with similar predicaments would lend their voices to this forum. What pissed me off was that Isuzu engines were supposed to be reliable, how come a three year old truck conked out all of a sudden? I also read an article on Isuzu pumps failing on troopers ( here's the link: [SIZE=3]http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul06/edromeo.htm ) . Hope this helps.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    its very true that our diesel here is dirty but not that dirty to damage our injection pumps immediately

we should select the gas stations that we have our refill doesn't matter what oil company it is as long as we think their gas is not contaminated by water and dirt

an injection pump calibration here in cavite in a reputable calibration shop only cost php2200(labor + o-rings + gaskets) will get higher if parts are needed

if your in cebu you can try betan http://www.betancalibration.com/branches.htm#cebu their price is high but reasonable and they are a well known calibration center and would only take a day to get your injection pump calibrated if they are not loaded

casa's don't do calibrations they only do subcon to other calibration shops

thats what i did go directly to the calibration shop they go to only took me less than 6 hours to have my injection pump calibrated

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir tanong ko lang kung magkano ang fuel filter at anong brand maganda para sa 2004 dmax ls?thank you

Need Advice! [isuzu dmax fuel injection pump]