New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Good Day Car Experts, i need your opinion. I am from Davao City and i was offered an 2006 Isuzu Trooper Skyroof Edition (Commercial) for only 700K by a family friend of ours. Ive seen the unit already and it is good as BRANDNEW since it only logged 25,000KMS with all case records. The unit only used once a week from house to church and vice versa.

Although this is my second post from any of the forum, i have been lurking for almost a year now and my problem is that i have been reading the post of ISUZU TROOPER commercial or surplus, and there are issues that the engine of this trooper has problems (specially the 4JXI engine, tama ba yung engine) or this trooper is LEMON CAR. Is it true that this unit has an engine problem? Or it is worth buying?

Thank You

B3GINN3R

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    The Skyroof edition is powered by 4JX1 (you're correct) which caused so much headaches for its owners. I'm not sure but that was the 1st gen crdi of Isuzu hence its flaws as compared to the newer ones. I'm a bit skeptical though as to why they're selling it with such a low milage. If I were you though, I'd stay clear of Troopers with the 4JX1, I wouldn't even want to risk it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by B3GINN3R View Post
    Good Day Car Experts, i need your opinion. I am from Davao City and i was offered an 2006 Isuzu Trooper Skyroof Edition (Commercial) for only 700K by a family friend of ours. Ive seen the unit already and it is good as BRANDNEW since it only logged 25,000KMS with all case records. The unit only used once a week from house to church and vice versa.

Although this is my second post from any of the forum, i have been lurking for almost a year now and my problem is that i have been reading the post of ISUZU TROOPER commercial or surplus, and there are issues that the engine of this trooper has problems (specially the 4JXI engine, tama ba yung engine) or this trooper is LEMON CAR. Is it true that this unit has an engine problem? Or it is worth buying?

Thank You

B3GINN3R
    2006? It should be considered "The Last of the Mohicans". I would assume the color is either Black or White, is it?

Anyway, I have a 2005 Trooper Skyroof with the 4JX1 engine. I admit having the injectors/RPS/RPCV replaced when it was around 18-19,000 kms. Today, it has clocked 97,000 without issues. Basta regular maintenance (every 5,000 kms with the suggested engine oil - BESCO) and CASA maintained, you should have no worries.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    *Sir Nookskie - tnx sir, that is why i need your expert opinion about this, cause i dont want to spend my hard earned money then afterwards i will regret it. The reason they are selling it because they will buy a Toyota Hilux..

*Sir Benzmizer - Sir it is color white. Thank you sir. i appreciate your post.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bro musta tong 2006 trooper? kinuha mo ba? kung ayaw mo baka pwede ako na lang kukuha. hehe

Need advice about 2006 Isuzu Trooper Skyroof